California trip with pictures

newmercman:
they must make decent money out of it, they all run around in Escalades or [zb]ing great pick ups when they ain’t trucking, a few of them park the truck in winter and go down to Arizona to play golf for a couple of months :sunglasses:

Well lads…just like owner driving here as well :unamused:

So bearing in mind a McDonalds meal over here is around £5 and a Starbucks is around £3 how much are they over there■■?

Sorry to ask this but …but what way do you use edmonton -----morris…, :blush: :blush: ,
i only ask as when wi dubois i got ■■■■ after my logs were picked by the yanks to check for complience,that security stuff companies go through,etc,anyway it was 1340ishkms edmonton to the peg using #16…so that was over the 100km /13hr due to going through towns etc.ave speed was down. …
edmonton-regina-morris is a bit longer
so i used to make sure i was logged ,lol at least 45mins east o edmonton,before running home as dickweed john was looking for stuff like that. :unamused: :unamused: .
otherwise another good blog…still looking for the mighty pete wi the duck on the hood!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
jimmy.

Ben9:
So bearing in mind a McDonalds meal over here is around £5 and a Starbucks is around £3 how much are they over there■■?

A McDs meal is around $6 and a 16oz (grande) latte in Starbucks is $3 or thereabouts, it changes throughout the country because of taxes, but it’s as near as dammit a Dollar for a Pound in the States, slightly dearer in Canada :wink:

JIMBO47:
Sorry to ask this but …but what way do you use edmonton -----morris…, :blush: :blush: ,
i only ask as when wi dubois i got [zb] after my logs were picked by the yanks to check for complience,that security stuff companies go through,etc,anyway it was 1340ishkms edmonton to the peg using #16…so that was over the 100km /13hr due to going through towns etc.ave speed was down. …
edmonton-regina-morris is a bit longer
so i used to make sure i was logged ,lol at least 45mins east o edmonton,before running home as dickweed john was looking for stuff like that. :unamused: :unamused: .
otherwise another good blog…still looking for the mighty pete wi the duck on the hood!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
jimmy.

Did wonder myself,but it is 40min quicker using hway 11 then TC1,and as Mark was only going to Morris this must of been the desired route to keep his logs legit.He once told me he’d never heard of magic pencils :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jimmy,

It’s 110km/h on hwy1 in most of Manitoba now, that adds a bit of leeway. I run to Regina and then take 11 and 16, it’s slightly longer but much quicker, especially when you’re heavy, even with the higher speeds on the big roads, to do it one hit from the yard is about as far as you can go in one day :wink:

mark .i hope ya know no offence meant,im just abit straight to the point. :blush:
with dubois ,#16 was the way we had to run to edmonton area frae the peg,even if i was leaving from somerset…lol,my old kw was limited to 105on cruise and 108ish on pedal…so no real chance o it being done without magic pencils… :wink: :wink:
If i remember correctly ayr motor expect edmonton done in one shift using #16…mmmm…
jimmy.

Very entertaining read as usual, Mark. Well done mate.

A great read, thanks for sharing

great read keep em comin :smiley: :smiley:

nice one mark, keep them coming!

euromat:
nice one mark, keep them coming!

I see you have a spot on www.toprun.ch now Matt, nice one :wink:

JIMBO47:
mark .i hope ya know no offence meant,im just abit straight to the point. :blush:
with dubois ,#16 was the way we had to run to edmonton area frae the peg,even if i was leaving from somerset…lol,my old kw was limited to 105on cruise and 108ish on pedal…so no real chance o it being done without magic pencils… :wink: :wink:
If i remember correctly ayr motor expect edmonton done in one shift using #16…mmmm…
jimmy.

No offence taken Jimmy, I am bang on the limits of what’s possible doing Edmonton in one hit, but we tip at the Cold Store that’s at the first set of lights you hit on hwy16 so that helps too, my pencil doesn’t need to be magic, just very sharp :laughing:

FTTM has seen me camped out in his area, that’s about as far as I get back if I’m tipping and reloading up that way, I usually park at the J, go in the next morning, tip, reload and poodle back towards the yard, sometimes they run us to Calgary for the reload, then I get as far as Swift Current and knock it on the head. That’s in Summer, in Winter everything changes, the major change being that you won’t see my arse up that way, too bloody cold for me, I’ll be pointed south somewhere :sunglasses: :laughing:

ahhh,the J ,not the roadkill lol…lucky you…i was always parked up at Acheson (husky) ,to cover the west up to beaverton(seed grain) and down to exshaw(baymag) not forgeting Nisku… screenwash/adblue east.(recochem).
jimmy.

JIMBO47:
ahhh,the J ,not the roadkill lol…lucky you…i was always parked up at Acheson (husky) ,to cover the west up to beaverton(seed grain) and down to exshaw(baymag) not forgeting Nisku… screenwash/adblue east.(recochem).
jimmy.

I only go as far west as Edmonton and Calgary, we have a few lads that do everything further west than that, it’s their gig and they don’t tread on my toes, so I don’t tread on theirs. The blog is on the company website and as we do go further west, I will, at some point, go out there, that way the customers or potential customers that read it see all the routes that we do regularly, that’s part of the reason I’ve been going up there lately, before the blog I rarely went west unless I was going direct from the US.

It’s all working out very well at the moment, I get to go all over the place, a different destination each trip, which I like and it gives me something different to write about for each installment of the blog. It’s in its infancy right now, but we plan to have at least two updates each month, maybe more if there are shorter trips, it’s all for free too, not a bad deal, even if you don’t like reading it :laughing:

Just noticed that you mentioned adblue Jimmy, what did they use that for back then, the trucks weren’t using it?

Looking at a couple of your photos was wondering if the panel grinders on your front wheel studs were for show or the real Mcoy.

ddrbsn:
Looking at a couple of your photos was wondering if the panel grinders on your front wheel studs were for show or the real Mcoy.

They’re only plastic, but they screw onto the studs and are quite solid, I’ve minced a suicidal Bambi with them and a Honda people carrier ended up with a big Audi sign on both doors when it changed lanes without looking in Las Vegas, didn’t even take the chrome off the tips :laughing:

I’ve had a full DOT inspection and they’re legal too, the fitters at my place hate them though, they all have scars on their shins now :laughing:

ahhhh,wondered when someone would notice,i was taking the adblue to customers that were trialing volvos,one was at biggar, and dropped it by the skid at saskatoon.& winnipeg.
the adblue was made by recochem in bc i belive and shipped to there plant at nisku,nisku was due to go on line no long after i left LD.
jimmy.

JIMBO47:
ahhhh,wondered when someone would notice,i was taking the adblue to customers that were trialing volvos,one was at biggar, and dropped it by the skid at saskatoon.& winnipeg.
the adblue was made by recochem in bc i belive and shipped to there plant at nisku,nisku was due to go on line no long after i left LD.
jimmy.

Ahhh, interesting, I haven’t seen any pumps with Ad Blue or DEF as this lot call it, not in Canada, the truckstops in the US are starting to have them though.

We’ve just got a batch of those girly squinty eyed Petes like Nianiamh drives, our ones have the Daf engine and run DEF, at the moment they’re filling them from gallon cans in the yard before each trip, that’ll be fun in winter :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: