Calculating Axle Weights

Hi guys

Without getting into laws of physics etc can anyone tell me roughly how to work out an axle weight of class 2 and class 1 (wagon + drag) ?

Thanks

The maximum for each axle weight is on the plate inside the cab
it looks like this -

The axle weights are bottom left in the pic

If your question relates to the actual weight on axles when loaded then a trip to the nearest weighbridge is needed

I assume you want to know how much load you place over the axles on your vehicle. Obviously you can view your maximum load but the VTG plate doesn’t inform you of what the unladen axle weight is. This means your still guessing what weight you place over your wheels.

I a perfect world you would use a drive over type axle weighing device like the type VOSA use, they are portable and you could carry one, but they are a bit pricey!

So your left trying to find a public weigh bridge, you can drive to your nearest public weigh bridge and if overloaded only slightly, be able to get away with it, but I’m not saying all police or VOSA officials will let you off. The best way to weigh your vehicle unloaded, find out the axle weights and make sure you don’t put too much weight over the wheels by looking at the weight labeled on your load. That’s if you have the weight on your loads.

Also, any weight over the rear overhang of your vehicle will reduce the weight on your front wheels but increase the weight on your drive axle. If you have a close coupled drawbar trailer with the wheels in the centre o the trailer, any weight at the back of the trailer will reduce the weight on the coupling, if the front of the trailer is very heavy, it may overload the coupling/prime mover drive axle, hence the reason a lot of drawbar trucks have a prime mover with a tag axle.

If you deliver part of your load at different drops through the day, be wary that with only weight over the front and middle of the truck the front axle will easily become overloaded.

cheers guys thank you v.much