Calais

Thursday 06 March, got to Calais at 1020hrs. Got off the boat at Dover at 2130hrs. I’m greatfull that this was still 06 March but what a waste of a day. :angry: Anyone take longer than 11 hours to complete this crossing this week, either way?

end of Q at 1400h calais thursday on ferry @0115 parked at fsa western dox just before 4am friday morning got to do it all again sunday in reverce :stuck_out_tongue:
but dont mind too much as paid by the hour :smiley:

Well i had a right result in Dunkerque yesterday morning.

Rolls up to the kiosk at 0935ish, and told i have just made the 1200, but its very busy. Told to go down lane 3. No probs, goes down lane 3, only to find i am on lane 2, and gets to the front, and getd waved straight on the waiting 1000!! :laughing: :blush:

The docks were heaving, and i bet there were some not too impressed people in the lanes!! :laughing: :blush:

I went down to Dover at about 18.00 two fridays ago and got home in France 08.00 Saturday via Norfolk line, company only got account with them or Seachance. On the other hand went down via jubilee way this friday at 19.45 and got told by the plod on roundabout to go upto Ashford so i plead/grovel a little and ask him to let me try in the port and he says if you turn right at the roundabout i did’nt see you, decent plod! so i creep in after an hour i’m booked on the 02.00 to Dunkirk and i’m at the front of lane 42 where they loading the 22.00 next to me, i say to the bod loading any room for a small one as you do and he only loads me on the back, could’nt take the smile of me face all the way home. Sometimes it all comes good.

i wonder if you was stuck in M20 operation stacks for over 5 - 12 hrs, what happen with your tacho time ? what if the tacho time are running out of the driving time - that mean you have to park up at hard shoulder ? :confused:

what happens if the french or german police check the your tacho in few days agos which you was in operation stacks - long hours queues ?

Thanks Ben

Pirate:
Thursday 06 March, got to Calais at 1020hrs. Got off the boat at Dover at 2130hrs. quote]

You must have been on the same ferry as me, {yellow 95XF pulling a tipper} times are just about exactly same, fuelled up at 10.08, landed Dover at 21.30. Spent the remainder of my rest (split rest :wink: ) in the ind est/business park opposite ashford truck stop.

:blush: :blush: I couldn’t find my way into the Tunnel entrance for cars. Never been on in a van before and felt a right pillock. Anyone who saw a racing team van do 8 laps of Calais on Thursday, I am the idiot.