Calais to prague

Hi, the last time I done a trip this way, well to Nuuemberg, was in 1986 in a F12 Globtrotter, here I am some 25 years later looking to run a small load to Prague in a 7.5 to truck, things have changed a bit but, as | read it now I will have no travel restrictions, no need for a vignette but I will need to hire a Permid in Czech, all other tolls can be paid at the booth, Please could some one let me know if this is the case, I still drive Artics but generally in the UK, Ta

If you go through Austria you’ll need a go box. No vignette for 7.5t in Germany.

You probably wouldn’t go Austria for Czech !
I’m not sure what tolls you pay in a 7.5 tonner , but there are no tolls as such. Just vignette ( Benelux if it applies ) , maut ( doesn’t apply ) & box for Czech similar to Austrian. Buy it at border from various outlets. Top up when low at service stations, easy.
Motorway will take you all the way into Prague now. Bit too easy really, just like going anywhere else in Europe.

Don’t pay anything in Benelux either. He may fancy going through Austria. Nice at this time of year. 683 miles anyway!!!

bigvern1:
Don’t pay anything in Benelux either. He may fancy going through Austria. Nice at this time of year. 683 miles anyway!!!

Bit worrying that anyone would consider going Calais to Prague via Austria!

Thanks for all your reply’s, I don’t think I will travel via Austria, sounds straight forward enough, :smiley:

GBPub:

bigvern1:

They wouldn’t! :unamused: :wink:

bigvern1:

GBPub:

bigvern1:

They wouldn’t! :unamused: :wink:

Depends on if you class running through Belge to Aachen as Benelux,vignette needed :bulb:
Presuming you cross @ Waidhus. . go box + credit to get you to Praha then back to border.
Refund on box but dont tell the boss :wink:

Not in 7.5t

bigvern1:
Not in 7.5t

I stand corrected,thought you needed a vignette for a 7.5.

Suedehead:

bigvern1:
Not in 7.5t

Vignette and MAUT do not affect vehicles under 12 tonne Gross.

And if for some strange reason you ever went through Austria, that is also exempt for less than 12 tonne GVW

Here is the toll route and charges from Rozvadov to Praha

Wheel Nut:

Suedehead:

bigvern1:
Not in 7.5t

And if for some strange reason you ever went through Austria, that is also exempt for less than 12 tonne GVW

But does require GO box.

the bloke asked for some advice, so why do some people post crap that isn’t relevant, or completely untrue?
some of it isn’t set out like an obvious wind up, which we all do from time to time, but it’s set out like the truth.

:unamused:

The OP could of course go to the stickies and check what tolls, if any, need to be paid for a 7.5 tonner. The only one I’m sure of is MAUT, which I know is 12t and over, so no toll to pay.
There’s a sticky called Euro Drivers Info Point. In there are links to all the toll company sites, routing sites etc. Starting from Calais, it would be quite reasonable to use the French Autoroute site to find a route. Putting in Calais to Prague, entering his truck as 7.5 t, would produce a route plan all the way through, with all tolls included.

Some of the links in there are broken now. I’ll get round to fixing them soon.

Wheel Nut:

Suedehead:

bigvern1:
Not in 7.5t

Malc I think you may be wrong on the Austrian weight limit exemption. When we go to Kosovo with the aid convoys our 7.5 tonners have to have the go-box. I am not sure of the cost as I drive one of the artics but I can find out. BUT if you know different and that they shouldnt have to pay then please send me a link asap as a convoy left the UK yesterday and should be hitting Austria tonight or early tomorrow and I can get a message to them telling them not to pay.

Thanks Paul

Paul:
Malc I think you may be wrong on the Austrian weight limit exemption. When we go to Kosovo with the aid convoys our 7.5 tonners have to have the go-box. I am not sure of the cost as I drive one of the artics but I can find out. BUT if you know different and that they shouldnt have to pay then please send me a link asap as a convoy left the UK yesterday and should be hitting Austria tonight or early tomorrow and I can get a message to them telling them not to pay.

Thanks Paul

Anything over 3.5t requires a GO-box in Austria.