Calais to Madrid

As title says, going Calais to Madrid, and been told by the boss, “Take the slow road” ,so I’ve got to avoid tolls where I can, any suggestions on routes ?

Thanks folks, Trolls and degenerates need not apply. Lol

Calais A16 to Boulounge, D901 to Abbeville, A28 to Rouen, D6015 to Everuex, N154 to Chartres, N10 to Bordeaux, A63 to Spanish border, from there I cant remember which roads are toll and non toll but the route took me via Vitorria and Burgos to get to Madrid. Having looked at a map I seem to remember that the A1 is non toll and takes you the way i suggested in spain.

As Truckin Turner suggests thru France, spot on, Spain is toll in upper north via Burgos so can take alternative via Pamplona (turn left immediately after border at Irun), Logrono and Almazan, N121- N111 i think, then cut across country to Madrid.

Toby will along shortly to advise the best route for this part of Spain and its watering holes :smiley:

Thank you, much appreciated.

When are you shipping out ?

Im heading for Malaga tomorrow hopefully catching the dfds out of dover at 1915 then running down towrads rouen. If you are around or shipping out at similar times then Im happy to run with you and show you the slow road lol

gram67:
As Truckin Turner suggests thru France, spot on, Spain is toll in upper north via Burgos so can take alternative via Pamplona (turn left immediately after border at Irun), Logrono and Almazan, N121- N111 i think, then cut across country to Madrid.

the difference between the burgos and the pamplona route is only the first peaje at oiartzun, about €2. the only toll section on the burgos route, miranda de ebro to burgos, is easily avoided by running the national. less people wanting to part you with your money than on the pamplona route, so that’s what I’ve preferred.

Good shout Milodon, them Red Caps can be a bit over zealous :open_mouth:

Thanks all, might see you on the 19.15 Paul. Maroon Daf XF with white (ex Stobbie) trailer, me and the wife on board.

Don’t look like I will make the 19.15. Got into work and no lights whatsoever on truck checked all fuses known but still none so waiting for auto electrician. I’ve got a white 105 SSC and an ex Morgan Freight trailer on

Who do you work for Paul?