Calais to Bordeaux?

Could anyone please advise me of the best route from Calais to Bordeaux,
wether its possible to mainly avoid the toll roads or if not roughly how much it will cost,
i,v always got off the boat and turned left so this is unknown territory for me!
many thanks.

This link should give you prices and routes through France, where ever you’re heading. Autoroutes. It’ll only give you autoroute routes and you’ll have to set up the first page to get reasonably accurate times and costs.

I would tend to avoid the peages and go via rouen and dreux myself.

Thankyou for your replies, Harry Monk do you meen going down the N10 from
Chartres ?

Harry Monk:

New Autoroute A28 from Rouen to Le Mans now open as I have travelled it.

A28 from Le Mans to Tours - where it connects with the A10 autoroute to Bordeaux - opened on 14 December 2005 - completing the route from the channel ports, Calais, Boulogne,Dieppe,Le Havre, Caen to western France and the Loire without going anywhere near Paris

Good news missing out Paris !

Ossie

ossie:

Harry Monk:

New Autoroute A28 from Rouen to Le Mans now open as I have travelled it.

A28 from Le Mans to Tours - where it connects with the A10 autoroute to Bordeaux - opened on 14 December 2005 - completing the route from the channel ports, Calais, Boulogne,Dieppe,Le Havre, Caen to western France and the Loire without going anywhere near Paris

Good news missing out Paris !

Ossie

Yes, ossie and the A10 from Tours is damned expensive! The French know that most of the trucks miss as much of the A10 out as possible but because you have no choice then to go on the A10 from Tours to Poitiers, it costs €35 just for that section alone!
Montie, if you go the Le Mans & Tours way, make sure you come off at Poitiers and follow the N10 to Bordeaux. It has been upgraded now and I do from the Routier at Vivonne to Bordeaux in just over 2 and a bit hours now.

TheBear:
[, make sure you come off at Poitiers and follow the N10 to Bordeaux. It has been upgraded now and I do from the Routier at Vivonne to Bordeaux in just over 2 and a bit hours now.

Wise words Austin, I haven’t been on the new route yet, so always went Rouen, Evreux, Dreux, Chartres, and on to the Autoroute at Artenay remembering to follow the Bordeaux signs.

Salut, David.

If I was you, I wouldnt start from here :stuck_out_tongue:

Try another port apart from Calais, like the western channel ports

Wheel Nut:
If I was you, I wouldnt start from here :stuck_out_tongue:

Try another port apart from Calais, like the western channel ports

So, what you are saying Malc is, give him a route from Calais to Caen, so he can start from there :question: :confused: :open_mouth:

Ok, follow my route as far as Rouen, then on the way to Evreux take the A13 to Caen. After traipsing up to Ouistreham and back follow the signs for Rennes, Nantes and Bordeaux. Peasy. :unamused:

Salut, David.

I meant that therre are lots of different routes from England to France and that sometimes an expensive ferry is cheaper than a short crossing

TheBear:
just over 2 and a bit hours

now there’s a scientific amount if ever i heard one :confused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
I meant that therre are lots of different routes from England to France and that sometimes an expensive ferry is cheaper than a short crossing

Thought you were joking Malc when I saw your smilie, that’s why so was I :laughing:

Salut, David.