calais parking.

Can anyone help me with parking this Sunday.

With Brittany on strike and the tunnel closed this weekend i’m doing west France from Calais.

I know leaving Calais and turning left onto the corridor is ok but what about turning right towards boulogne on the A16. I’m looking to be parking up late afternoon and starting early hours on Monday and i’ll be carrying groupage.

Thank you.

you will have to wait till the sunday ban finishes before you can run towards boulogne on the A16 jd

Mmmmmmm ok I thought as much, il park in Calais then.

jessicas dad:

JD Be careful you dont load any extra groupage while you are parked up.
regards dave.

does anybody have advice on parking in calais, i wont have anything off obvious value on so shall i park down by the pidou with the trailer doors open and cab doors lock tight.

ive had a look and my journey to my first delivery will be about 7 hours so il start about 2am.

thats what im worried about dave, at 2am there i dont want to be hanging around in the dark.

You’ll be safe enough in the Total garage down along the road on the left from the docks … then you can come out and straight onto the 16 towards Boulougne, JD

TheBear:
You’ll be safe enough in the Total garage down along the road on the left from the docks … then you can come out and straight onto the 16 towards Boulougne, JD

Cheers aust. :wink:

TheBear:

Yes that’s one where I would park before head to France - Nice clean showers, Toliet and Espresso! Free parking - be prepare there parking area can be full up on weekend! if you are lucky to find a space - normally full of Greeks and Cyprus lorries parking there

if you want to have secure parking then go to Transmack - All4truck or Polley Truckstop

Cheers

dafdave:

jessicas dad:

regards dave.

Edited to read, load as many as you can and deliver the gits as far west as you can, gets them out of Calais :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Gunner Til I Die:

dafdave:

jessicas dad:

regards dave.

Edited to read, load as many as you can and deliver the gits as far west as you can, gets them out of Calais :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

At 2am it will be a quick run round, kick the tyres check the lights are on and away we go!!! Anyone under or in the trailer will be staying there.

I would be very surprised if you find a space in the total garage on sunday afternoon,I got there late afternoon once and ended up down the side of pidou.

Gunner Til I Die:

dafdave:

jessicas dad:

regards dave.

Don’t you mean take them East? :confused:

Gunner Til I Die:

dafdave:

jessicas dad:

regards dave.

Yea i tried that gunner,finished up having to stop on services because he slashed my curtains and kept banging on the headboard,only got 70k from calais. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
regards dave.

I think that you can run from Calais to Boulogne on a Sunday ban,all vehicles and load types,but no further than the port.

toby1234abc:
I think that you can run from Calais to Boulogne on a Sunday ban,all vehicles and load types,but no further than the port.

Park in the fish docks in boulougne.

I believe i read a notice on the shuttle saying the parking at Coquelles will still be open despite the tunnel being closed…

Safe as anywhere :wink:

i got to calais at 1700 english time on sunday, i had a mooch round where the pidou and total is and didnt fancy that area at all so i went down to the first aire 10’ks past the tunnel called " aire du 2 caps " it was heaving with eastern euro’s so i had to park on the car park.

i would park in all4trucks, if you put enough diesel in you either get a free meal or your parking paid

euromat:
i would park in all4trucks, if you put enough diesel in you either get a free meal or your parking paid

Edited to read Effall4trucks, last time i was there there was only the restaurant/bar open and a very limited menu, the only reason I stayed there was two ex colleagues from Matthews were in there

800L of fuel gets you free parking at all4trucks, does no one park on the docks at Calais ?