Calais blockaded

Its that time of year. French fishermen have blockaded Calais. Nothing moving out of Dover - currenty 6 hour delays. Tunnel bound to get busy very quickly.

:imp:

Joy of joys, glad i aint goin out untill sunday then.
sdj

Nothing is moving now, M20 closed from Jct 10 to 11.

after the French drivers were thwarted in their protest last week it was a cert the fishermen would do something this week. Glad I got back yesterday and it will be done and dusted by Sunday.

anyone know what the score is to get on train while operation stack is on? shortcuts etc appreciated :smiley:

Dover closed till at least 4am apparently :frowning:

Have you ever wondered why the ferry companies dont just ram those french fisherman out of the way…imagine all the fun it would be for the ferry passengers…and i suppose the coward Chirac will give in to them by allowing them to fish more in british waters…and i thought that restricting movement was against the e.u. constitution…when will we pull away from the cowardly e.u.?..it makes my blood boil…

Apparently they only blocked P&O vessels, SeaFrance were allowed to go about their business unrestricted? :open_mouth:

Sprinter:
Apparently they only blocked P&O vessels, SeaFrance were allowed to go about their business unrestricted? :open_mouth:

That’s not true - I was booked on Seachance and sat on the quay for an hour - then a nice French girl from SF came around giving us tickets for the tunnel: actually got over to the UK five minutes earlier than if I’d taken the boat, and was 10 miles closer to where I needed to get to :slight_smile: