CAIRNRYAN PORT

Just been on Scottish News Customs & Excise have stopped a truck with a load of diesel in plastic drums and containers all in cardboard cartons on pallets clever eh wonder how many loads they have managed to get through before this. Eddie.

Only the Irish!
Diesel is about the same price if not a bit dearer in the Republic and in Ulster its under the same duty tariff as here.

Was it a “cunning plan”?

Was the driver toby1234abc by any chance?

Nah. It was Limeyphil! But don’t worry he’ll find a way of wriggling off the hook!

DrivingMissDaisy:
Nah. It was Limeyphil! But don’t worry he’ll find a way of wriggling off the hook!

it wasn’t me. i do know a little about it, and you wouldn’t stick that diesel in your car. it’s cheap and i’ve seen it, you’d be better off running on liquid cow [zb]. :laughing:

Bking:
Only the Irish!
Diesel is about the same price if not a bit dearer in the Republic and in Ulster its under the same duty tariff as here.

Was it a “cunning plan”?

It’s laundered diesel destined for English hauliers. Diesel has been crossing the channel for several decades in some form or another whether it be Irish white diesel when it was cheaper, green diesel for mixing or laundered diesel.

Believe it or not the Beans have no problems doing dodgy stuff as well which is the only reason it crosses the channel in the first place.

BEANO JUICE! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Ahh you mean the passed through kitty litter and bleached with sulphuric acid type.

:smiley: so thats why toby1234 was asking about securing barrels the otherday :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

You wouldn’t want it in your v8 that’s for sure.

The guy i used to work for ran on kerosene and paraffin, engines did not last long, i once got fined by Cherbourg`s finest Douanes for £700 for having a full tank of cherry, when taken to be processed the Commander offered me cash for any information on other hauliers running on cherry, i politley declined his very kind offer.
Never did i get stopped in Spain/Portugal, the fuel for tractors was brown and cheaper, with the AS 24 CARD when getting low i could top up the tanks with fridge engine fuel or heating oil, i once left the receipt in the pump, a week or so later,they were waiting for me in Ouistreham, and showed me the receipt that a French driver had handed to them, the pump was about 150 miles south of the port.
By luck i had normal fuel, the look of disgust and dissappointment on their faces was quite funny, as i had ran the red out of the system when i knew i would be coming back in the UK.

Bking:
Only the Irish!

Was it a “cunning plan”?

Don’t know where you are buying your diesel in the republic but you are being fleeced 10p a litre cheaper in bridgend than derry and the gap would be bigger except for the weak pound. filled in Dublin today at 1.49 euro per litre at 86p to the euro puts it at roughly £1.29 haven’t seen that in that UK for a long time

I was there last week. Drop off at p & o, then pick up from stenna.
Btw any good truck stops on the a75? Coming from m6.

BigT_Burnley:
I was there last week. Drop off at p & o, then pick up from stenna.
Btw any good truck stops on the a75? Coming from m6.

there are no stops as such but you can park up in Dumfries at the third roundabout in the retail area or further down the 75 there are a couple of laybys off the road with burger bars or the teapot is a decent place to park but get her well in or you’ll be rattled all night with the traffic up to the boat

erfguy:
‘…CAIRNRYAN … stopped … with … diesel …’

I once got pulled for a 20 litre (spit) jerry-can of petrol in the car boot going over: I spun and hid it in a nearby ditch for my return leg.

mazzer:

Bking:
Only the Irish!

Was it a “cunning plan”?

Don’t know where you are buying your diesel in the republic but you are being fleeced 10p a litre cheaper in bridgend than derry and the gap would be bigger except for the weak pound. filled in Dublin today at 1.49 euro per litre at 86p to the euro puts it at roughly £1.29 haven’t seen that in that UK for a long time

Yep your right there - I very rarely fill up in the UK anymore - The republic is much cheaper especially when you buy 1200 ltrs at a time