Cairn Lodge Services

have been bought by Westmorland, who own Tebay services and Truckstop, and the new Gloucester services…
looks like we might be getting a vast improvement there then…

westmorlandfamily.com/cairn- … ss-release

Now that is good news. The meals are so much better than a Burger King. Now based in Glasgow and head down the 74 once or twice a week now.

Heading back up north last night there were a few motorway signs saying the services are closed on Tuesday from 11pm till 7am.
Only been in a few times but to me it’s not really a services,more like a glorified petrol station! Hopefully new owners will will make for an improvment

This can only be a good thing.

Excellent news! :smiley:

They should buy out all the MOTO and Roadchef Msa,s, the food on offer there is dire,dismall and depressing.

toby1234abc:
They should buy out all the MOTO and Roadchef Msa,s, the food on offer there is dire,dismall and depressing.

and expensive!

toby1234abc:

So don’t use them then! The only time I have eaten in a MSA is when using fuel vouchers, the only time I stop on them is for a paper and to use the bog. I never overnight park on them as they are too expensive to park and it is like parking in lay bys, it displays a lack of initiative, knowledge, and imagination :bulb: :unamused: .
Boycott these ■■■■ holes.

This worries me. The bigger they get, the more like all the others they will become…

Great stuff…now I’ll have the wife nagging me to stop there to buy some soft cheese and a wierd pie too! :smiley:

Born Idle:
Great stuff…now I’ll have the wife nagging me to stop there to buy some soft cheese and a wierd pie too! :smiley:

She’ll never know mate, after all the first rule of the Westmorland club is that we never talk about the Westmorland club!

the maoster:

Born Idle:

She’ll never know mate, after all the first rule of the Westmorland club is that we never talk about the Westmorland club!

She’s been to Tebay with me in the car. Now she looks up MSAs on the www trying to compare…she’ll latch on soon enough.

Will it be priced same as Tebay or a couple of quid more like down Gloucester ?

Probably the same or less as it will be about the area and the competition.

Completion being the new route 74 ?

Wish they’d take over Both(ke)well, never stop there now, got fed up getting food poisoning :imp:

Cairn Lodge is pretty decent anyway so should be a good match