cafe m74

Its years since ive been up that area due to retirement but what was the name of the cafe n/bound on the old a74 just south of the star truckstop.You went in the bp garage across the road for a meal and next door to the pub for a drink,you could also park at the pub.
Dave

It could be The Old Star truckstop, which was an old clap-board place. A right dive but good grub. It could be The Star pub which is a bit further south. They were/are on the old A74 just south of The Star truckstop, now the Europa, and north of Cairn Lodge. I don’t remember a BP at either of them though.

Just south of Cairn Lodge there was The Red Moss Hotel and truckstop, no BP there either.
Further south still are the three places in Carnforth. The café, The Carnforth Hotel and Heathergill. The café closed fairly recently.

Any of these sound like the place?

dafdave:
Its years since ive been up that area due to retirement but what was the name of the cafe n/bound on the old a74 just south of the star truckstop.You went in the bp garage across the road for a meal and next door to the pub for a drink,you could also park at the pub.
Dave

Are you thinking of the old Coatsgate Cafe or maybe further north at the Elvanfoot Service Station which I think was BP at one time

Simon:
It could be The Old Star truckstop, which was an old clap-board place. A right dive but good grub. It could be The Star pub which is a bit further south. They were/are on the old A74 just south of The Star truckstop, now the Europa, and north of Cairn Lodge. I don’t remember a BP at either of them though.

Just south of Cairn Lodge there was The Red Moss Hotel and truckstop, no BP there either.
Further south still are the three places in Carnforth. The café, The Carnforth Hotel and Heathergill. The café closed fairly recently.

Any of these sound like the place?

dafdave

I think the old star truckstop and pub fits the description as you say a right dump but great grub.Thanks to all replies.
Dave