Cabotage

Does anyone abide by this?

Not many.

dockspotter:

International road haulage: jobs inside an EU country or between EU countries - GOV.UK

You may have misunderstood your target audience by asking this question here.

Mike-C:

dockspotter:

International road haulage: jobs inside an EU country or between EU countries - GOV.UK

ok, if hauling abroad and tipped would you take a job inside the host country, like so many euro trucks do here

dockspotter:

Mike-C:

dockspotter:

ok, if hauling abroad and tipped would you take a job inside the host country, like so many euro trucks do here

We (ex missus and I) used to, in Spain…after double cabbing with a tanker from here we often had a 2 or 3 day wait near Malaga for the return oil load and in a village nearby we had built a holiday home. Leaving the tanker cleaned and empty at the house and then deliver a few loads with a block and brick trailer with a crane on…for a brit who owned a builders yard locally, shame when it ended as he had his old knackered unit replaced, the cash was useful, not to mention the odd brick or two.

I was stood in a depot at Crick waiting for paperwork when the office (a French chilled operation) tried to explain to a Spanish driver they had a load for Sheffield he was taking, much shrugging of shoulders by him, I think he wanted to head home