Cabotage??

scania245:
heard of a company se england that gone done for cabotage running around on dutch plates and never left uk

This case maybe

Harry Monk:
The Slovenian haulier could do it if he was in possession of a Cabotage Permit

No cabotage permits these days. The Community Authorisation allows cabbotage to take place, so as long as a haulier has one of those they can perform cabotage. There are some restrictions though. The foreign haulier can only carry out cabotage on a temporary basis. It must not be frequent, regular or continuous and the vehicles involved must leave the UK at least once a month. There can be no contract so it must be entirely casual and circumstantial and must be at infrequent intervals.

But all the above is irrelevant in reply to the original question as the work being done isn’t cabotage. It takes place between two countries, not within one country, so isn’t illegal. Any haulier in possession of a Community Authorisation can pick up in one member state and deliver to another, neither of which has to be their own member state, and there are no time or frequency restrictions on this.

While it is sort of true to say the EU is one country in certain aspects, once goods have been imported into one EU country they are in free circulation within the EU for instance, each individual member state is still a separate country.

i knew you would cheer me up Neil…

jimboy124:

He’s updated me as well. Fair play to him.

nedexco do loads in uk all non english reg trucks, mostly non uk drivers eg,
highbridge to park royal , b stortford . newark . tamworth ,
and tamworth to Leicester ,

dieseldave:

jimboy124:

He’s updated me as well. Fair play to him.

me as well

Coffeeholic:
[But all the above is irrelevant in reply to the original question as the work being done isn’t cabotage. It takes place between two countries, not within one country, so isn’t illegal. .

I was amazed it took so long for someone to notice this simple truth. Cabotage has nothing to do with the original question. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Spardo:

Coffeeholic:
[But all the above is irrelevant in reply to the original question as the work being done isn’t cabotage. It takes place between two countries, not within one country, so isn’t illegal. .

I was amazed it took so long for someone to notice this simple truth. Cabotage has nothing to do with the original question. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Diesel Dave Wrote:

My take on this: “Cabotage” = the act of collecting and delivering in the same country by a vehicle from a different country.

“Third country” = the act of collecting in one country and delivering to another country by a vehicle from a third country. (Blue EEC book to us old uns )

Slovenia is in the EU so they can do UK to Eire with the correct EU licence. AFAIK, there isn’t any cabotage going on with this job, since Eire isn’t part of the UK, but I’ll stand to be corrected. (Leaving aside the traditional bi-lateral agreement between the UK and Eire, because Slovenia doesn’t come into that.)

I think the facts had already been noticed David :stuck_out_tongue:

nedexco do loads in uk all non english reg trucks, mostly non uk drivers eg,
highbridge to park royal , b stortford . newark . tamworth ,
and tamworth to Leicester ,

What has the nationality of the drivers got to do with it? If you go on the train, many of the Nedexco drivers are British

I’m led to believe that a “well known” Suffolk Container haulier who ran on a Belgian licence was under investigation for cabotage and his fleet seems to have disappeared, and that was after he put British plates on his trucks at the time I read about it in commercial motor.

Interestingly another haulier based in Felixstowe changed the plates on his lorrys to■■?

@ jimboy124

Did you seen slovenjia truck with bulgarian drivers, what type of truck ■■

is that light blue iveco stralis with brand new light blue krone euroliner trailer?

i seen them often in Heston MSA - usually parking with other bulgarian betz

Ben.

Betz:
@ jimboy124

Did you seen slovenjia truck with bulgarian drivers, what type of truck ■■

Yellow Iveco Stralis pulling DHL trailers. I was on the ferry with them yesterday, and was parked with them in Dublin on Friday night. I think they are from the same company with the light blue Stralis’s you see in Heston.

Thats the ones they also have ones in yellow as well…