Cabotage rules flouted in uk?

Iv noticed over the last few months ECS and other firms are running Belgium plated wagons and skellys out of immingham there is also wagons on the DFDS job. Surely this is illegal■■?

Yeah I’ve heard cabotage rules are often breached too, what about lettuce rules, are they still being adhered too?

Reef:
Yeah I’ve heard cabotage rules are often breached too, what about lettuce rules, are they still being adhered too?

Bloody predictive text

:laughing: figured as much tbh

Youngy:
Iv noticed over the last few months ECS and other firms are running Belgium plated wagons and skellys out of immingham there is also wagons on the DFDS job. Surely this is illegal■■?

three jobs in 7 days perfectly legal.

when i was driving i’d regularly pass a Batim (PL) driver trunking up and down the M1 pulling a Dachser double decker. I know its the same lorry everyday because the driver has a tribal tattoo on the side of his head :laughing:

milodon:

Youngy:

three jobs in 7 days perfectly legal.

There doing more than three jobs on containers that’s only a day and a halfs work. So they would have to be on the ferry every other day.

so you know for a fact they are not?

milodon:

No that’s why iv posted on a forum to get other peoples opinion I just find it weird that you would come over here do a days work then get the ferry back and do this 4 times a week. Plus they must come across empty skelly as as far as I’m aware you can’t accompany a container .

I know a guy who used to pick up a container in fxt, unload it in france, load wine and drop it off in fxt again, week in week out. estonian unit, belgian skelly.

Youngy:

milodon:
as far as I’m aware you can’t accompany a container .

Why not?

Youngy:

milodon:

as far as I’m aware you can’t accompany a container .

Yes you can, we take containers there and back.

Leving cabotage to one side, there is a seperate set of regulations concerning combined transport, something like, if the trailer or container has travelled more than 100km by sea, then the last journey leg is within 150km of the port then there is no cap on the number of journeys. There is a bit more to it than that, in that, for example, all of the paperwork has to be signed by the handling ports and the load cannot be re-handled during the journey.

They could be using this as opposed to cabotage, hence could get away with it.

rha.uk.net/docs/internet/pol … %20_2_.pdf

I stand to be corrected but were not the cabotage rules scrapped when we started charging johny for being over here versus there cheap fuel I brought this up before as I was going to report the same thing going on around tilbury so as far as ime aware the rule’s have changed and vostapo aint got the ball’s to to anything about it if that’s not the case

As far as I’m aware, the planned reduction and then complete abolition of cabotage was temporarily shelved by the EU recently due to pressure from some other western European countries, though Britain was not one of them. So cabotage restrictions still apply.

the sooner ukip get in the better :grimacing: :grimacing:

samsgrandad:
I stand to be corrected but were not the cabotage rules scrapped when we started charging johny for being over here versus there cheap fuel I brought this up before as I was going to report the same thing going on around tilbury so as far as ime aware the rule’s have changed and vostapo aint got the ball’s to to anything about it if that’s not the case

The road user levy in effect covers road tax. The offence for cabotage is having no operator licence. (Paying the levy doesn’t give you an o/l).

zippy!:
Leving cabotage to one side, there is a seperate set of regulations concerning combined transport, something like, if the trailer or container has travelled more than 100km by sea, then the last journey leg is within 150km of the port then there is no cap on the number of journeys. There is a bit more to it than that, in that, for example, all of the paperwork has to be signed by the handling ports and the load cannot be re-handled during the journey.

They could be using this as opposed to cabotage, hence could get away with it.

rha.uk.net/docs/internet/pol … %20_2_.pdf

Are u talking about ATP rules here?

The ecs truck ship to UK through southern England with scotch or northern box on then run around the rest of the UK for the week returning Friday or sat morning to the continent or weekend here

Virtually impossible to police … and with the advent of on line freight brokers they can pick up loads of offer with no checks
made …Very easily and via Freight Forwarders…who just do not care either way…They still make their margin and get
the load moved.