Cabin Transport

I’m starting a new job for a cabin transport company.

Not done this before. Its a 26t with drawbar.

I’m going to spend a couple of days out with a driver to see whats involved but if anyone has any thoughts on what to expect or avoid in this sort of work I’d like to hear.

My main concerns are the massive rear swing those 26 tonners have, I’ve never pulled a drawbar before and I imagine there’ll be some tight spaces, also its a much bigger crane than I have swung around before!

All good fun.

Keep looking in your mirrors and you will very quickly get used to it, do not be afraid to get out and have a look.
Keep an eye on your rear markers at night or bad weather.
When you have rear axle up the swing is a lot more but again take it easy and you will be fine, its also better to manoeuvre with the rear axle up if you dont have a lot of weight on.

This is mine

same as a wag an drag on car transporters. just needs to allow for the swing out. take your time and make everything seem bigger. take as much room on the road as you need, all the road if you deem it enough.be steady and get out and look if unsure,
your licence look after it any way you deem fit or lose it.
good luck and never be afraid to ask for help on here.

Why did I miss the drawbar bit :blush: sorry :wink:

Yikes, the overhang on that looks looong drift!

Thanks, yes I think I’ll be jumping out and having a look a lot to begin with.

You soon get used to whatever you drive though don’t you?

Nice to have a new challenge with the drawbar bit and looking forward to see how it handles/reverses.

My boss keeps threatening me with a draw but I told him that would cost him more money (wages) :wink: :laughing:

I have not hit anything as yet :unamused: :laughing:
And it took me a good week or so before I had the bottle to drive with the rear axle up but you just need to remember its there and you will adapt and be getting it into places (sounds wrong) you wouldnt imagine after the first month or so.

If its just you in that truck just get to know it and its quirks, your the boss it will only go where you make it go :laughing: