Cab vacuum cleaners

Has any-one ever bought or used one of these cab vacuum cleaners ( 12 or 24v ) that plug in the cig. lighter ( or hella plug ).
Do they actually ■■■■ up the dust / crumbs etc ?
I used to get chance to bring my unit home once in a while, and could fetch the cleaner out to give my cab a hoover.
Thought if they were any use, i might treat my self for Christmas.
Prompted me to ask, as i had to get back tonight, as my unit was needed for night trunk, and our Lithuanian night-man ( no don’t get me started ) seems to be unable to eat without dropping crumbs all over…GRRRR. Been told i am “too fussy”, but other weeks, i am expected to be out 5 nights.

The ones I have tried were useless, no real suction, very small bag and took up valuable space in the cab when not being used, better to use an old one from home if you have one. just take it to work and get it stored somewhere ready for use when you are in the yard

i used to drop the trailer in the yard and nip to the garage unit only for a vac out.

I’ve got a 12v Black & Decker Dirtbuster. It does the job ok. Has a flexi pipe,upholstery brush and a long probe thingy for getting into narrow spaces. It’s bagless so no problems there. Plenty of cable. Cost £18.99 from Focus. :wink:

open both doors on a windy day and invest in an airline :smiley:

An easy way to get in and out of the wifes good books.

Buy a good rechargeable vacuum cleaner for her christmas box and then nick it every weekend when she has charged it up