Cab Theft French Services

Good Evening,

Just a word of warning to you all. Just got back from a fortnight away and want to share this.Coming from Lyon, I headed to La Bresse services to drop my drag before spinning round to go to Geneva. My porter and I dropped the trailer just behind the services building, in fact 20 yards from the doors, stowed the lines in the side locker, jumped up in the cab, put the phones under my quilt locked the doors and went in for a pee. We came straight back out, went to unlock the door only to find it had been screwdrivered. They took my phone, the company phone and a small bag containing chargers usb etc.
Then came my worst decision… I called for the Gendarmes. They turned up annoyed that I had bothered them, then told me to follow them tyo Bourg en Bresse Police Station where they would examine my digi card. What about the phones I asked? We’ll deal with that as well.
They tried to fine me for an illegal daily break ( 9 hours 45mins) until I made him check his book.
Long and short of it, nearly 2 hours later I was back where I started minus two phones etc.
Truck stops for me in future!

Not really relevant ,but why didn’t you take the dangler with you?

Boss didn’t want to pay the extra Swiss tax

Fair enough,its been years since I took a truck to Swiss.

You couldn’t make it up could you. Drivers are just euro notes to the plod, they don’t give a shot if you’re the victim.

Fatty Ando:
Good Evening,

Just a word of warning to you all. Just got back from a fortnight away and want to share this.Coming from Lyon, I headed to La Bresse services to drop my drag before spinning round to go to Geneva. My porter and I dropped the trailer just behind the services building, in fact 20 yards from the doors, stowed the lines in the side locker, jumped up in the cab, put the phones under my quilt locked the doors and went in for a pee. We came straight back out, went to unlock the door only to find it had been screwdrivered. They took my phone, the company phone and a small bag containing chargers usb etc.
Then came my worst decision… I called for the Gendarmes. They turned up annoyed that I had bothered them, then told me to follow them tyo Bourg en Bresse Police Station where they would examine my digi card. What about the phones I asked? We’ll deal with that as well.
They tried to fine me for an illegal daily break ( 9 hours 45mins) until I made him check his book.
Long and short of it, nearly 2 hours later I was back where I started minus two phones etc.
Truck stops for me in future!

Always leave drag with a good removal company!!