Cab rat for 3 weeks and counting

dozy:
My tea , a bottle of free Pepsi from britvic , I have 2x £5 vouchers but as I’ve been run until 9 pm all hot foods closed , but nice bird says don’t worry it opens 7 am , I’m gone 6 am , I could buy something but £8 on 2 meal vouchers is enough for day
I’ve had a ginsters scotch egg bar & a twix today , no wonder the mrs says get off your hips are sticking in me , everyone gets fat tramping , weight falls off me
Mrs has gammon , new tates & green beans & strawberries & ice cream for her tea !!!
Never mind if I don’t get back Friday girl gave me a tin of energy drink & I’ve more free Pepsi to get me through Friday night , living the ZB nightmare

You’re the Bear Grylls of the tramping world doze. :sunglasses:
Take (and eat) any old ■■■■ gladly.
Leg end. :smiley:

peirre:
Anyone fancy a steak dinner tonight?
There’s a couple of free ones going, as the Guys they’re meant for won’t be around to eat them

Stay tuned for the next thrilling episode of Rob and Dozy’s Friday night lay-by experience :laughing:

Nah…I’m out every Friday night mate,.Saturdays are my Fridays (if you see what I mean).4 on 3 off start Wednesdays.
I ain’t in the same league as dozy either…(in a good way thank Christ. :laughing: )

remy:
0Now then Robroy, go and have your little moan but we all know as a tramper you’ll have one of these waiting for you on Friday night. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Shouldn’t that be a picture of a manky orange?

Meanwhile as I’m still furloughed I stayed up late eating a fresh home cooked ruby, washed down with a few beers and a couple of cheeky vimtos, and have only been out of bed 30mins, the first job before checking on TNUK was to check the bank balance to see if the furlough money was in the bank

I give it another few weeks before you’re complaining how you’ve got no life when you’re away from home all week now you’ve realised what you’re missing out on when you were furloughed.

I always found Trafford Park Truck stop a nice quite place to get a good nights sleep back in the early 80’s…

Last week’s…

Effort of Swindon Dump Stop will be hard to beat.

It’s gotta be a wee stinking lay-by on a busy dual carriageway with one wheel up the kerb right next to an overflowing rubbish bin.

Second week back for me, I agree about the lack of pubs, liked a meal and a pint once a week, but even now, trying to get parked at some of the supermarkets, that you can get an Artic into, is proving nigh on impossible, not being picky, but all the ones I’ve tried to stop outside this week have been flooded with EE motors, looking like they are waiting on loads, been there for days?

Sapper

Conor:
I give it another few weeks before you’re complaining how you’ve got no life when you’re away from home all week now you’ve realised what you’re missing out on when you were furloughed.

Don’t get me wrong mate, I made no secret of the fact that I enjoyed my 6 weeks on furlough, it reiterated what I discovered many years ago that there is far more to life than driving around in one of these ■■■■ things…fact. :bulb:

I ain’t away all week anymore either, it’s usually 3 nights a week now, sometimes 4 if I start a day earlier or the very rare (thank Christ) occasion if/when I get stitched up on a Saturday to get home Sunday morning. :unamused: 5 nights out and sometimes weekending are all in the past for me now, I’ve got more bloody sense these days. :smiley:

Point I was making is when I am out I always try and make the best of nights away, life is too bloody short to park up in a lay by with a stopwatch set to 9 hours precisely as some do.on their work/endurance test style tramping. :unamused: so all this Covid style tramping cack is doing my ■■■■ nut in tbh. :cry:
To add insult to injury I’m parked in the exact same place I was last night. :unamused: :laughing:

Spent over a decade living full time in a lorry and loved it but after being off work and spending several weeks at home I’m not sure I have any ambition to sleep in a lorry ever again. Been there and done that now and I love my little house! (Seen in my latest video on http://www.lorry-driver.com )

robroy:
I usually park up somewhere decent, try and arrange to meet one of my like minded mates

‘Mates’…Got to love some Grindr action :wink: :smiley:

dozy:
My tea , a bottle of free Pepsi from britvic , I have 2x £5 vouchers but as I’ve been run until 9 pm all hot foods closed , but nice bird says don’t worry it opens 7 am , I’m gone 6 am , I could buy something but £8 on 2 meal vouchers is enough for day
I’ve had a ginsters scotch egg bar & a twix today , no wonder the mrs says get off your hips are sticking in me , everyone gets fat tramping , weight falls off me
Mrs has gammon , new tates & green beans & strawberries & ice cream for her tea !!!
Never mind if I don’t get back Friday girl gave me a tin of energy drink & I’ve more free Pepsi to get me through Friday night , living the ZB nightmare

Amazes me how some drivers can’t even to manage to feed themselves. More on this topic from me in July’s T&D! :smiley:

switchlogic:

dozy:

Amazes me how some drivers can’t even to manage to feed themselves. More on this topic from me in July’s T&D! :smiley:

Can I read it for free online Mr Switch?
You know I’m your biggest fan an don’t wanna miss out, but I gotta eat is all [emoji17]

That’s a week’s worth of crisp butties garnished in burger sauce, I’m only on 700pw.

Three squares a day that for at least 1 day.
I cash out on fancy truck ■■■■ mags I’ll starve, not like
there be any hot sausages to gobble on, well unless it’s night time, but there’s only so many laybys serving nowadays as we all know, and there’s a virus on ffs so they’ll all be going woke about it so there be no flava too taste[emoji17]

Ok so the pages are wipe clean, T&Ds not some cheapy rag I know so I’m getting value, and I spoze if nowt else I can always gift it on at an rdc for the next man so it’ll be appreciated no doubt, but from the tales I’m reading here I’m genuinely worried I’ll die of hunger once I get back out there, let alone if forced too choose, I’ve not got it in me too leave a mag behind, well unless I’ve emptied it first.

I mean do I go for broke, buy it anyway an then hope I don’t drown in my own silly string before I get to the live aid stage of the day?
Maybe you could ask this in your next column?

Or will the thought of satisfaction from a good read get me over the hunger pains an cravings for a bit of hot meat?

Mind, what if my malnutrition won’t carry me through the eruption?
I mean my glucose levels are gonna ■■■■■■ as I’d already be on bare essentials as it is, 1st night out an all that…
I can’t afford to lose more, or risk hitting the microlise, Oooor missing its ring altogether!!

Dear God the knock ons of all this don’t bare contemplation.
I could be dead, my planners/c leagues/this place would be devastated, my copy of t&d would end up in some hinos side locker in Tibet, guaranteed pages torn out too(if the kelsa adds missing I took that one) the pop wouldn’t get to those in need,
I’d never get to meet Elton and his lovely partner, as I’d have made DAMB sure to have arranged a concert to highlight the plight should I have made it…

Jesus this is turning into a ‘for want of a nail’ scenario!!

FFS why did no one tell me I’d have to choose between a Kelsa an a Mars?
I thought they were one an the same thing [emoji24]

I thought I could have both because I’d be on 1k a week, home every night so I’d never need to worry about foraging to survive and now its all gone too ■■■■ coz they told me I’d be glamping and that I’d not need my sas skills, as I’d made it to the promised lands, moto is 24hr, you’ll never starve, the scanny got a kitchen pack if nowt else, they never said no wine cooler though [emoji24]

Liars, bloody heartless liars.

I came to this site for insight and honesty, and I’ve been shafted… (not by BT3 though, sadly [emoji8])…

Wrecked my dreams this thread has.

Hope your all proud.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

switchlogic:

dozy:

Don’t panic Luke , the dozy pillock can barely tie his boot laces if we believe half the crap he posts on here .
Last Monday I parked by one of my usual hotels , walked into the sports bar and had a couple of frosty ones and “English style” fish and chips , which after 10 weeks of the dashboard diner wasn’t half bad tbh , just nice to get away from the bloody truck and enjoy a few hours of normality at long last .

switchlogic:
Spent over a decade living full time in a lorry and loved it but after being off work and spending several weeks at home I’m not sure I have any ambition to sleep in a lorry ever again. Been there and done that now and I love my little house! (Seen in my latest video on http://www.lorry-driver.com )

Glad your on the road to recovery Luke.

Gotta say you were my favourite character in Ice Age 3…

Bought you a coffee mate, speedy recovery.

switchlogic:

robroy:
I usually park up somewhere decent, try and arrange to meet one of my like minded mates

You’re way off the mark there Luke, but cheers anyway. :smiley:
I’ll usually try anything once, that’s my character, …each to his own and all that, and no offence btw, but I do draw the line on many things. (including that.) :laughing:
Mates in the social sense rather than the biblical. :smiley:

I’m back to being a cab rat next week [emoji16]
Only went in to sort my stuff out as truck has service on Monday and none of the stuff was stored away

Sent while in furlough

robroy:

switchlogic:

robroy:

I’ll usually try anything once, that’s my character, …each to his own and all that, and no offence btw, but I do draw the line on many things. (including that.) :laughing:

You should give the bum fun a try, you never know unless you do :wink: (That’s not an offer, or is it)

switchlogic:

robroy:

switchlogic:

robroy:

You should give the bum fun a try, you never know unless you do :wink: (That’s not an offer, or is it)

One of those things I’d rather NOT know bud…offer or not. :neutral_face:

Reef:

switchlogic:

Glad your on the road to recovery Luke.

Gotta say you were my favourite character in Ice Age 3…

Bought you a coffee mate, speedy recovery.

Why thank you! Am I really that furry? :smiley:

flat to the mat:

switchlogic:

dozy:

Don’t panic Luke , the dozy pillock can barely tie his boot laces if we believe half the crap he posts on here .
Last Monday I parked by one of my usual hotels , walked into the sports bar and had a couple of frosty ones and “English style” fish and chips , which after 10 weeks of the dashboard diner wasn’t half bad tbh , just nice to get away from the bloody truck and enjoy a few hours of normality at long last .

Exactly, on both points