cab ovens

Morning all.ive just purhased myself a 24v 300 w oven for the cab.after running out of gas in the middle of nowhere half way through cooking a meal I decided to take the plunge and get one.however there is no plug.i take it I can just get a normal 13 amp house hold plug and wire that on.i dont think my company will allow it to be hardwired as the truck is being replaced soon.cheers all

i have one and there great for pies ,i wired mine direct feed from the battery on a 24v with a 15 amp in line fuse close the the battery the put a household socket in the cab with a 13amp plug on the oven it works fine

Ok cheers im going to wire to a household plug then into a 24v 600w invertor then into 24v socket.well I hope so as my daf seems to play up.

jediknight:
Ok cheers im going to wire to a household plug then into a 24v 600w invertor then into 24v socket.well I hope so as my daf seems to play up.

Er I wouldn’t do that

An invertor converts your 24v upto normal 240 volts supply you get at home IIRC

Your are basically trying to plug your 24v oven int mains supply Make sure you’ve got a quick exit route if you do.

In my Scania, the 24v was through a hella plug and this worked fine, but on the Daf I had the 24v was through a ciggy and it used to melt plugs for a pastime

Does you’re wagon have an anderson lead?

jediknight:

May be ok if you want toast :slight_smile:

Just thinking I do have a anderson connector on the back of the daf for when its never used for taillifts.is there an adapter you can get to run of this then into the cab.

jediknight:
Just thinking I do have a anderson connector on the back of the daf for when its never used for taillifts.is there an adapter you can get to run of this then into the cab.

Most simple and easy route then is to wire an anderson plug on your oven. When you want food, use the extension wire (That you would normally plug into the trailer for the tailift) into the cab, plug the oven in and away you go.

Probably get the plug from a truck parts place. Ask on the o/d’s forum. someone will know where you get them

Ok cheers for the help.

Semtex:

jediknight:
Probably get the plug from a truck parts place. Ask on the o/d’s forum. someone will know where you get them

easiest place to find one IS park up next to a STOBRATS pulling a tossco trailer and borrow THEIRS! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: free of charge as the thick screwdriver would have forgot to take his off from his delivery! :sunglasses: thank you very much! :laughing: