Cab Interior Polish

Bought some “Astonish” car stuff earlier for “new” lorry. It’s not bad for 99p per bottle/can. Not fantastic but what do you expect?
Any other suggestions for budget priced cleaning stuff? Are microfibre cloths any good? I always use old cotton t shirts as cheap dusters fall to bits.

Microfibre cloths are very good for cleaning the inside of glass. The windscreen in the car was smeared and horrible and glaring badly when it was dark. I used two Microfibre cloths and it’s as good as new now. Damp one a bit and give the screen a good wipe with it then use the other one (dry) to ‘polish’ it off. Worked great for me.

As an agency driver I find urine and poop does the job to expected standards :wink:

Polish cab interiors? They’re getting everywhere. I’ll stick with a Swedish interior

Muckaway:
Are microfibre cloths any good? I always use old cotton t shirts as cheap dusters fall to bits.

I’ve got some Tesco Value ones; £1.50 for a pack of five I think they were. I got them free with a “you could have saved £1.50 today if you’d shopped elsewhere, so here’s £1.50” receipt.

Use them for everything; mirrors, windows, dash, rear facing camera, cleaning pheasant blood from headlight lenses etc. Take 'em home and wash 'em every week.

Muckaway:
Bought some “Astonish” car stuff earlier for “new” lorry. It’s not bad for 99p per bottle/can. Not fantastic but what do you expect?
Any other suggestions for budget priced cleaning stuff? Are microfibre cloths any good? I always use old cotton t shirts as cheap dusters fall to bits.

Don’t polish it too much!! You’ll be rubbing the shine off of that job before the end of January… :smiley: :smiley:

Merry Christmas to you and yours Nathan :smiley:

When cleaning glass I’ve found that the cheap stuff (green like Mr Muscle or something) from a supermarket is as good as anything. But I never used a cloth, always newspaper, don’t spray to much on either.

I use Armorall and a microfibre cloth. Squirt costs £3 and so did a pack of 3 cloths. 1 squirt on a cloth does the whole dash, and I put the cloths in the wash at the end of the week with my uniform.

Each bottle and cloth lasts about a year. Sad I know but the interior of my '08 Scania looks brand new, and the driver of our '12 plate commented that his doesn’t look half as good anymore. It’s my home for 60 odd hours week so it will SPARKLE :smiley:

Cheers
F-reds

Piston broke:

Muckaway:

Don’t polish it too much!! You’ll be rubbing the shine off of that job before the end of January… :smiley: :smiley:

Merry Christmas to you and yours Nathan :smiley:

Well they’ve bought the lorry to create my job… :wink:
Merry Christmas Paul.

I’ve stopped using polish in my cab now. I found it seemed to attract even more dirt on the dash. I’ve discovered that the 2 packs of baby wipes for £1 from Home Bargains do an amazing job of lifting dirt and dust and leave an acceptable shine and doesn’t attract dust afterwards.

damoq:
I’ve stopped using polish in my cab now. I found it seemed to attract even more dirt on the dash. I’ve discovered that the 2 packs of baby wipes for £1 from Home Bargains do an amazing job of lifting dirt and dust and leave an acceptable shine and doesn’t attract dust afterwards.

I don’t want Polish in my cab either. I hope my boss has en English driver spare when I’m on holiday.
:laughing:

damoq:

Traitor.

What’s up with the Poundies variety? :laughing:

Ken.

Quinny:

damoq:

Traitor.

Ken.

They don’t give us a staff discount!:wink:

I hate shiny,but do like clean.So anti bacterial wipes,then micro fibre to get a nice finish.

Clean dash with baby wipe, then spray mr sheen over it but in a shower mist then leave over night and buff off th next day with a soft cloth

autoglym rubber and vinyl care
and autoglym glass cleaner

Auto smart dash dandy gloss or satin about £3 a tin

Use pink from chrome northwest but CDC sell it also brilliant stuff and lasts a lot longer than your normal aerosols

stevtel:
Use pink from chrome northwest but CDC sell it also brilliant stuff and lasts a lot longer than your normal aerosols

+1 there products are brill :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

damoq:

Quinny:

damoq:

Traitor.

Ken.

They don’t give us a staff discount!:wink:

You need to get friendly with the manageresses. :wink:

Ken.