Cab fridge. On or Off overnight

I always turn mine off as I’d hate to flatten the battery but I’m tempted to leave it on as I think the battery can take it. I don’t mind the noise as it’s a constant one so won’t suddenly wake me up and it does warm up a fair bit overnight. All my workmates that I’ve asked turn there’s off as well. What do you fella’s do? Have you had any bad experiences. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Leave on turn off at weekend

Leave it on. turn it off when your on holiday and will be parked up for more than a few days, like xmas, but then ours that wont be used have the batteries disconnected any way.
Turning a fridge off for a couple of days is enough for the bacteria already in there to multiply, resulting in the fridge needing a good clean out before restocking it.

Leave mine on all the time , if I’m not in it someone else will be

Don’t they have low battery cut offs built in to them? Or is that just logical?

leave mine on all the time, never had a problem :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Young_AL:
Don’t they have low battery cut offs built in to them? Or is that just logical?

The fitted ones should have, but from personal experience if you’ve got dodgy batteries it don’t help. :blush:

I’ve know got good batteries, and I did leave it on nearly all the time for week on end. No problem with the batteries, :smiley: But fridge packed up . :frowning:

if it is a factory fitted fridge, it will not harm the batteries, unless the vehicle is going to be parked up for a couple of weeks

but, if it is a stand alone fridge, they usually have a higher current draw, and, as such, it is ok to leave it on overnight, but, not over a whole weekend

Wouldnt have thought there would be a problem turning it off as long as you dont open it during the night tbh.
The milk,pork pies and pre prepared chicken/pasta should be ok .
Put the Chablis on the cab step next to the lobster.

shuttlespanker:
if it is a factory fitted fridge, it will not harm the batteries, unless the vehicle is going to be parked up for a couple of weeks

but, if it is a stand alone fridge, they usually have a higher current draw, and, as such, it is ok to leave it on overnight, but, not over a whole weekend

This^^^
factory fitted fridges have a cut off point, so no problems there. Ive had stand alone and fatory fitted fridges and the only time ive ever turned any of them off is stand alone ones on a Friday, then back on again on Monday. Ive never turned a factory fitted one off.

Suedehead:

I would, but then where would I put the caviar?

Thanks for that fella’s. I’ll be keeping it on from now on. The hum of the fan may even drown out a bit of outside noise so that’s a plus.

I’ve had a couple so far, the latest one is a little 24 ltr job from Halfords, not Halfords own but a grey box from a camping manufacturer I was told. Really good at cooling down but does warm up over night. I’ve come across the problem with bacteria, gets to smelling a bit when off and not aired so of course I keep it aired now and clean it out routinely with a good cleaner.

dally1:
The hum of the fan may even drown out a bit of outside noise so that’s a plus.

ebay.co.uk/itm/Howard-Leight … 4d063372fa

i dont go to bed without them.

dafpower:
Leave on turn off at weekend

+1. Me too…

Used to leave min on all the time but on the weekend it would switch off if the ignition hadn’t be turned in a 24 hr period,
mind it being a split fridge / freezer it would keep milk cool over the weekend but I wouldn’t leave any chilled in the cab over the weekend any way.

@suedehead last time I did that the Chablis got nicked they left the lobster with a note what’s this wanted a kebab

On another note if leaving off for a while open fridge and let it air

muckles:

Suedehead:

I would, but then where would I put the caviar?

On the spare wheel carrier :wink:

Mines not been off since it was new in 2011

Mine ran constantly for 3 years, never had a flat battery with a WAECO

on another point fridge related does anyone elses interfear with the radio