Cab electrical bits and pieces

Just got a new Scania R500 Topline.

My old motor had the standard height cab, therefore I used a magnetic base CB aerial, however this is obviously not going to work on the Topline. Noticed there is a spare aerial base on the nearside of the cab with no aerial, therefore could somebody direct me to a website that would sell an aerial that could be attached to this base.

Also looking for a 24V/12V reducer, which I will hopefully find on the same website.

have a look at a couple of the banner ads on this site for starters :laughing:

:slight_smile: Welcome to TruckNet,RAS

Click on the top left of the page - the bloke with the beard, Lorrybits.com

It takes you to the CB Shack website (thats the place at the Pops 2000 truckstop at Lymm.)

Scroll down a bit and click the ‘skip intro’ to get onto the website a bit quicker. :wink:
Click top of menu ‘CB radios, etc’ to eventually arrive at aerials. As good a selection as you will find anywhere, I’d say. (And a TruckNet sponsor too !)

**They also list reducers in there somewhere, as well. :sunglasses:

cb-shack.com/shop/default.php

Welcome to TruckNet UK RAS :smiley:

Thank-you for the welcomes and the response to my question.

I’ve been looking round the website and the forums for a while now and finally got round to registering. It’s a good and informative website.

Welcome to Trucknet Ras, enjoy!

welcome aboard ras. ive got 2 stingers if you want them but i live in leeds ive got a black one and a silver one.
i would post them to you but i wouldnt want the aerial getting bent and it would proberly cost just as much to post as to buy but they are yours for free if you can come up with a suggestion.

jessicas dad:
welcome aboard ras. ive got 2 stingers if you want them but i live in leeds ive got a black one and a silver one.
i would post them to you but i wouldnt want the aerial getting bent and it would proberly cost just as much to post as to buy but they are yours for free if you can come up with a suggestion.

Thanks for the offer Jess’s Dad. Getting them might be a bit difficult, but I’ll bare it in mind.

The Scania R series Topline comes pre-wired for a CB. Above and left of the document wallet in the area around the tacho there is a small storage slot. Pull this out and behind it there is a radio wire and a yellow connector block. The radio wire goes to the aerial mount on the N/S. Whilst a CB will work with it if you change the end of the coax, you won’t get out very far so best to change the mount and coax to something of better quality. On the connector block are 4 wires, 2 are for the speaker near the alarm LED’s (top centre of the screen) and the other 2 are 12v feed and earth.