Cab cleaning kits

Wheres the best place to buy a kit of cab cleaning gear, I’m getting it delivered to work so dont want loads of deliveries ■■■■■■■ the boss off just a pack of say dash cleaner/shine, trim cleaner etc. My unit used to be the shunter so its a bit mucky but its not a show pony so some half decent stuff will do not top whack stuff.

A pack of fluids and cloths would be ideal.

The Chrome range of cleaners is good and readily available from services or online if you really need it delivered.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yep. Chrome Northwest would be good and fairly inexpensive. However why isn’t your boss providing you the cleaning stuff to do it?

Otherwise a pound shop and some anti vac wipes, could of microfiber cloths a duster, spray polish and surface cleaner would equally do the trick.

If you’re just starting on it, (and especially if it’s been the shunter) get your firm to valet the interior for you, they surely don’t expect you to start on some ■■■■ pit that every Tom ■■■■ and Harry has used…especially in the present situation. :bulb:

Yup, any decent employer would get the vehicle professionally cleaned after being used a yard shunter, a refusal to do this would tell me all i needed to know, shortly followed by ‘cheerio’.

You could do the job yourself so long as the company pays for all the materials and you get an average day’s wages, going to cost the company more because you probably ain’t a pro valeter with all the tricks and materials.

Well its been more than just a shunter to be fair it has over 368,000Km on it has been many drivers unit, just when it was a shunter it obviously wasnt kept that clean. For the sake of £20 I can continue to keep the cab clean when I’m sat waiting for a load.

Just remember to give the receipt to the office girl.

Best value micro fibres,I found were from Costco.
Great big bag of em for £15.
Halfords do 5 for about £4…but they’re not as big or plush,as the ones from Costco

Ghiabox:
Well its been more than just a shunter to be fair it has over 368,000Km on it has been many drivers unit, just when it was a shunter it obviously wasnt kept that clean. For the sake of £20 I can continue to keep the cab clean when I’m sat waiting for a load.

Why are you willing to even take it out of the yard?..and are you tramping/sleeping in it? :open_mouth:
If they won’t pay to valet it, you should make it clear you ain’t willing to go out with it in the state that it is, but you’ll compromise by coming in over the weekend (paid) and you’ll supply the materials and put it on your next week’s expenses.
I really do not think that is an unfair request.

Ghiabox:

For the sake of £20? Why don’t you get on the bunk and go to sleep whilst waiting to be tipped? Or read a book? Don’t confuse boredom with justifying cleaning somebody else’s equipment :bulb:

If you get bored easily and don’t mind spending £20, get yourself round Beaver hills and wash/hoover/detail the Beavermobile for me.

Note to all drivers; The illustrious Beaver is always available to give top drawer advice to those with weak spines and/or miniscule brains. Please contact the mods for this service as The mighty Beaver has PM’s disabled due to fan mail.

There’s a guy on here watching my every move, scrolling through my previous posts, and shouting hypocrite at me whenever he can :laughing:
So I better jump in fast here. :smiley:

I buy my own cleaning stuff for cab interior because it’s my own living space, and no bugger else is going to buy it…note; there are ways and means of re.imbursenent. :wink:

However whenever I’ve started a new job on a used motor, and if the firm hasn’t valeted it, (the previous 2 had, but the present one had not) I made them aware of my intentions and just done it myself (with pay) and put whatever I needed on exs,.after they agreed to it.
Cheers. :unamused:

Another vote for the Chrome stuff!!!
I use the pink on the dash of the coach and I’ve got some jellybean flavour air freshener…
I’d love to retrieve it off the coach, and my gas stove, but the boss is really ■■■■ and probably won’t allow me to the yard anyway :unamused:

Simple solution,tell the Boss get it valeted first before I take it on or it stays in the yard. After he / she has had it done tell him /her that any further cleaning stuff you will produce till receipts for payment. Poundshop is as good as any for polish etc.

All our motors, on being handed down, are Cleaned, It is annoying if your Clean type,you feel as if your not doing a good enough job . Any cleaning stuff we need is supplied, or you can buy anything else you prefer, Eg Chrome,pink stuff etc.

I clean my own truck inside and out .
Theres a pressure washer in the yard with hot water and tfr .
We also have an acess platform for when you want to polish the truck , change bulbs in spotlights etc .
Its very simple he supplies a top notch truck with a few whistles and bells - its up to us to look after it . Your not asked to , theres polish in the yard or you can supply your own . As I live in the truck all week I take a little pride in keeping it clean and tidy inside and out .
Saying that I’d expect any truck that I’d be expected to drive on a regular basis / “my” truck to be clean when I get it at frist . After that I’d be keeping it clean myself and expect anyone driving it to keep it clean .

20200426_153418.jpg

If its a heap then start with something like Demon Clean and get all the dirt lifted out of the panels before you start in with Chrome Pink or similar.Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber care is good as well (other brands are available - but thats what I used in the past when getting a second hand truck )

Chrome mega clean is excellent for getting a proper grimy interior clean.

Maybe, just maybe the op takes pride in his vehicle and appearance, as he says £20 isn’t going to break the bank and he might enjoy valeting.( some do, just look at the detailing world forum) Unlike some of you sofa warriors, who wouldn’t do f*** all for your boss because you’re owed a living by him(her).5 to 10 mins a day whilst you’re waiting to get tipped wouldn’t hurt.You knuckle draggers are all the same,when a new lorry comes along he will be given it because he cares, and you lot will whinge like crazy because you have been there longer and still in your old heap. From a director who has 9 trucks,and still drives. Can see both views, but would employ him over the rest of you.( for your info my drivers vehicles are spotless and cleaning products are provided along with a full truck wash once a week).

gkdsp:
Maybe, just maybe the op takes pride in his vehicle and appearance, as he says £20 isn’t going to break the bank and he might enjoy valeting.( some do, just look at the detailing world forum) Unlike some of you sofa warriors, who wouldn’t do f*** all for your boss because you’re owed a living by him(her).5 to 10 mins a day whilst you’re waiting to get tipped wouldn’t hurt.You knuckle draggers are all the same,when a new lorry comes along he will be given it because he cares, and you lot will whinge like crazy because you have been there longer and still in your old heap. From a director who has 9 trucks,and still drives. Can see both views, but would employ him over the rest of you.( for your info my drivers vehicles are spotless and cleaning products are provided along with a full truck wash once a week).

To be fair from what I see most comments are generally positive. Personally I buy my own stuff and clean it myself as it’s where I live all week. Different people have different standards and as you probably know some are totally minging, that’ll never change. I don’t see why some prefer to live in a dirty hovel rather than buy some cleaning kit but we have some at our place like that and presumably they infest other firms as well.

gkdsp:

Excellent, the avoid like the plague thing works both ways, but you don’t say if you think it reasonable to hand an ex yard tug which will be minging to a new driver and expect him to provide materials and his labour, presumably in his own time, to make it presentable, who’s being unreasonable here.

No need to provide a full truck wash, i wash mine myself several times a week (sometimes every day if someone has used it at night bcause the night lads are terrified of water) with the excellent equipment provided and a hell of a lot better job than any commercial outfit will do, using materials that won’t damage the paint or the interior finishes as some cheap commercial products do, it’s called pride in your work and its part of the job.
This knuckle dragger appreciates his job ta very much, and gives 100% 100% of the time he’s at work, where he’s also appreciated and treated with respect, which again cuts both ways.