cab attire !

on may various travels i wonder if mordern cab heaters work

why,no how can you wear a high viz insulated jacket in a mordern truck see them every day driving to spec cabs wearing them not that they look like they are on a multi drop in the middle of a snow storm,seen guys that do night trunks and the reflection in the cab their wearing them wots it all about
have even saw a shopping trolley truck driver(catering supply chain operative) i have told they are now doing it

I have never understood the need to sit in a modern truck with a padded jacket of any sort especially if you are going a fair distance. Eddie.

It’s some sort of an illness :laughing: not just in the truck but they have a posh one for going out in. I was in a truck stop one night, and they came in for there meal in there working one, then got cleaned up and came in the bar all dressed up, and with a posh clean one on :unamused: maybe it’s H&S if you have to much and fall over someone will find you. :laughing:

they wear them to give you chance to pull the mirror in before they ditch you on a narrow road,ha ha .

Well said dan but even the local feed company driver today in his top of the range scania had a hi viz jacket on and a Davies Crocker fur hut on maybe its me but new trucks must have crap heaters!!

TRAILERS1:
Well said dan but even the local feed company driver today in his top of the range scania had a hi viz jacket on and a Davies Crocker fur hut on maybe its me but new trucks must have crap heaters!!

We don’t know how to turn the air-con off :laughing: . Seriously though if I’m on multi-drop I’ll put it on at the first drop then leave it on unless I’m going a fair distance, other than that I can’t wait to chuck it on the passenger seat, same with the vest when it’s not miserable weather.

It always amazes me how I’ve managed to reach 63 without wearing a high viz vest for the majority of my driving life. I turned up at ■■■■■■■■ engines in Daventry the other day and I was wearing a brand new high viz, couldn’t believe it when the security man on the gate told me it was the wrong colour and insisted I wear one of their orange day glow vests on top of the yellow one I was already modelling !!..I find myself at this age when being told I’m not wearing a high viz vest to enquire “Why?”…Usual answer is “so you are visible”…I know I’m bashing my head against a brick wall but I just have to reply " Well, you bloody well saw me !!!"…Can anyone remember when common sense prevailed and if a sodding great artic came rumbling through a yard you got out of the way ? (IF YOU WERE INTELLIGENT !!..must be alot of stupid people being employed in these modern firms, what ‘thicko’’ is employing these morons who walk around yards full of moving traffic with their eyes and ears shut■■?

Yes Dan, i’m another one who views the glued on hi vis as a warning to ‘‘be careful round this one’’, the number of times they prove it beyond doubt is legion.

Part of the reason i like watching old road clips on Youtube, men and women going about their daily tasks, machinery, traffic, roadworkers etc, not a hi vis in sight nor a pair of safety boots, tanned geezers working shirtless in the sun, yet somehow we all managed to rub along together without armies of bloody H&S jobsworths and all the faff involved…you see proper coppers with a smile on their rosey cheeks and nice looking girls without the modern perma scowl mostly enjoying the wolf whistles and banter.

It’s not just peering through rose tinted glasses, things really were better, people didn’t take themselves quite so seriously back then (up their own arses quite so far), and the Brit sense of humour hadn’t be quashed by PC.

we have to wear the overalls wi the big luminous X on the back even though im in and out o the quarry in 5mins same as tipping in our yard then 90mins each way :laughing: even worse is wear my safety helmet /goggles the minute I enter the quarry …■■ if the big machine smacks the cab a poxy helmets not going to help… not even allowed to change bulbs,adjust brakes even if we are scaled out and on the property!gggrrrrr.
The loader drivers in particular are well pd with the helmet rule as it falls off all the time… the quarry H&S guy sits and waits for someone to screw up.(H&S stuff appeared out o nowhere middle o last year).jimmy.in Canada

Up to retirement I ran a fabrication shop with 40 blokes welding and handling the sheet metal side. I can assure you that what you endure in a lorry is straight forward compared to cutting, welding, using overhead cranes, slinging, using forklifts and as you all know, loading and unloading lorries.I could lecture you for hours on the use of power tools , safety wear, manual handling, changing abrasive wheels and discs, pressure vessels ,handling chemicals, risk assessment, individual responsibility, noise polution, dust extraction, smoke polution and the temperature window you must run your workshop at.
It is 90% ■■■■■■■■ policed by brain washed nazis who abuse their so-called authority to bring British Industry in every shape or form to its knees.
Fuxk Brussels. Fuxk the European Union. Fuxk them all - I’m out and happy. Don’t forget to be properly clothed when one of you put the lights out. Jim

The high viz worn in the yard is to give the FLT driver something to aim at :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

most mornings I walk from liverool st station to euston where I work for exercise I pass a couple of sites where they are digging out fot crossraill well talk about H&S in farringdon road when a tipper has to come of the site they 4 guys in all dayglo gear with stop and go boards they hav concertina barieirs which go across the pavement what a palaver , and there is a coned off waiting area for the tippers waiting to load and they have some idiot seeing the tippers back when they reverse, a friend of a friend got a job on tippers carrying muck away from crossrail site he had to have a day in a classroom re cyclists , he said the cycling lobby is so strong now especially in london they did not want the bad press, noone wants to see anyone get killed on the roads but where I work in central london there are so many cyclists that I now think traffic and bikes should be seperated , I know this is impossible in london but I know I would not ride a bike in london which I used to do when I was younger

Wonder if they put them on the rear parcel shelf with the hard hat on top when they go home in their cars or is that just for Gaffers! I couldn’t stand any jacket on when driving, maybe a sleeveless bodywarmer until it warmed up in the old cab on cold days and a vest, shorts and sandles if the Summer was really hot, bet that won’t be allowed today. Got out of it just as the H&S stuff was starting which was probably a result of claims being made, I recall one or two cases of blokes who had falling from high loads getting nowt as they were told they shouldn’t have been up there if it wasn’t deemed safe to do so despite having to unfold sheets etc and as time went on guys were not as prepared to do something which could result in an injury that we had once took for granted to get the job done!
I work indoors now and its even more H&S instilled so its not only out on the road. Franky.