C1 and Medicals

Now then - I should know this but apparently I don’t.

If someone has just a C1 entitlement gained with their car licence prior to January 1997 - do they need a medical at 45 years of age and every 5 years to 65 then every year to keep using that C1 entitlement?

I checked the wifes licence and her C1 expires at age 70. I checked a mates licence - his C1 expires at age 70. Therefore I am guessing the answer to my question is no.

However - everything i can find online says a C1 requires a medical from age 45.

So - what does the collective think?

Pete

Maybe I should have tried the search facility first eh? Just found this by Rog

A LGV C1 gained before 1997 has an expiry date of age 70 but a D4 LGV medical must be taken and passed to continue driving that C1 after age 70
A LGV C1 gained by passing a DSA LGV test is subject to the normal LGV medical rules
Those who passed car test before 1997 and then went on to pass the HGV class 1/2/3 or LGV C1/C DSA test will have two C1s on the licence but only the one with the longest expiry date is shown due to space available on the licence and that C1 is a sub category of C

No IMO.

shep532:
Maybe I should have tried the search facility first eh? Just found this by Rog

A LGV C1 gained before 1997 has an expiry date of age 70 but a D4 LGV medical must be taken and passed to continue driving that C1 after age 70
A LGV C1 gained by passing a DSA LGV test is subject to the normal LGV medical rules
Those who passed car test before 1997 and then went on to pass the HGV class 1/2/3 or LGV C1/C DSA test will have two C1s on the licence but only the one with the longest expiry date is shown due to space available on the licence and that C1 is a sub category of C

^^^^^ that answer cos its given by someone with the same name as me :laughing: