C w

Anybody had ant letters from them

barney 68:
Anybody had ant letters from them

I did, but my tamandua ate them.

Yes,

Txt back:

"Arse,shove,sideways and HARD!!!

Yes i did …but i bought an ANT eater…that solved it.

Morning lads is that c w business logistics I just got off holiday with a letter waiting saying there after 45%back or 100% if no receipts etc.i told them I had no receipts when I claimed and told you only need your p60s for the last 4years.who keeps receipts for that long for sat navs or any expensive gear I keep for 1 years for the guarantee.
Going to a solicitor on Monday this is one dodgy company if no joy with solicitor I will pay this Chris lad a visit this week while I’m off see what he’s got to say.ill give hmrc a ring see if they know anything.im hopeing he can be done for misrepresentation the t##t.

As a tramper I was approached by one of these firms claiming to reclaim years of tax for you but it stank… the whole give them authority to do your tax’s plus the no receipts just make stuff up mantra put me off.

Interesting to hear what a solicitor would recommend, perhaps a small claims option is viable against CW.

Send em nothing, deal directly with HMRC, revoke any authority they have to deal with your tax affairs.

Edit to add: I’m no expert but receipts can take many forms, even card/bank statements will be allowed showing transactions.
Some allowance will be OK for cash purchases, HMRC will confirm how much.

For those that didn’t fall into the ‘just make stuff up’ trap it should be OK.
That will be no one then. :wink:

“I fiddled my tax, now the taxman wants it back” shocker…

Stop crying. If what you claimed was legal, you have nothing to worry about. If it wasn’t, man up and face the music.

This day and age receipts via email, online accounts etc should be locateable but as ND says only the honest folk will be fine…

the nodding donkey:

Stop crying. If what you claimed was legal, you have nothing to worry about. If it wasn’t, man up and face the music.

I didn’t fiddle my tax ■■■■ for brains I claimed for what all trampers are entitled to gear used for nights out etc.

Carpo:

the nodding donkey:

I didn’t fiddle my tax [zb] for brains I claimed for what all trampers are entitled to gear used for nights out etc.

How much did you claim for ■■■■? :open_mouth:

Carpo:

the nodding donkey:

I didn’t fiddle my tax [zb] for brains I claimed for what all trampers are entitled to gear used for nights out etc.

You are a brave warrior, calling me a ■■■■ for brains. Fact remains, if you legitimately claimed allowable expenses, you have nothing to worry about.

the nodding donkey:

Carpo:

the nodding donkey:

You are a brave warrior, calling me a [zb] for brains. Fact remains, if you legitimately claimed allowable expenses, you have nothing to worry about.

I don’t have anything to worry about the point was these accountants give drivers false information and you shouldn’t be accusing people of fraud as for brave warrior no I’m not but I’ll stand my corner with anyone who accuses me of dishonesty so get your facts right I thought this forum was about helping other drivers not slagging them off.

How did you get on with the solicitor Carpo… ■■

Also the HMRC will ask if you don’t have receipts how do you know how much to claim for.

Carpo:
I thought this forum was about helping other drivers not slagging them off.

This pack of wolves?..

Dipper_Dave:
How did you get on with the solicitor Carpo… ■■

Also the HMRC will ask if you don’t have receipts how do you know how much to claim for.

Drivers was told you can claim for the last 4 years without receipts just work out what you spent that was 2 years ago when I got paid now there trying to say they want receipts like I said my claim was 2 years ago.solicitor said nowt to worry about worst cenario go to tribunal let the judge decide and 99% sure hmrc would lose apparently it’s some hmrc inspector got it in for this c w logistics so not bothered they won’t be getting Nish.

Is this them who used to be Chadwick Acountants who advertise in Truckstop News? It’s funny how they have still got the same advert in the same paper saying you can claim for all sorts and the average claim is £3000 but they are under a different name now :unamused: I’d heard (might not be true) that an agreement had been made with HMRC regarding a claim for the past 4 years without receipts where by HMRC will acknowledge 50% of your total clam.
I was going to make a claim before the ■■■■ storm kicked up and when I finally got through to someone at their end they did say HMRC a were now wanting receipts for stuff and I said just like what has been mentioned here why would I keep recipts for 4 years for stuff I didn’t know you could claim for? The woman said for things like my Sat Nav a photo would be ok but also a diary (which I keep anyway but don’t write down what I have for my tea and how much it cost) would be ok for proof, also HMRC were wanting a 12 week diary for future claims so I didn’t bother.
It has been said on another thread about tax rebates that doing it through HMRC is a lot easier and less hassle so may go that way

Also one of put drivers had a letter from them a couple of week ago regarding his claim saying that £780 had been paid into Santander bank… He ain’t with Santander :unamused: Also it doesn’t say wether or not that’s for the previous 4 year 1 year.

Was shown one of these letters from CW stating HMRC wanted min 45% back BUT
CW weren’t having to pay The 20% fee back to you that they charged in the 1st place
Bloody JOKE!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Big Truck:
Was shown one of these letters from CW stating HMRC wanted min 45% back BUT
CW weren’t having to pay The 20% fee back to you that they charged in the 1st place
Bloody JOKE!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Driver at our place has said he has recived correspondence from another company called Tax Rebates made simple or something like that saying they have taken on CW work and to ignore any mail sent to you by them and not reply. They also say that a few drivers have set a group up on FB in trying to take CW to court due to the fact they are all reciving letters from HMRC saying they want 40-50% of the drivers claims they were awarded due to false claims :confused: