C to CE cost

What’s a fair price these days for C to CE training and test? From what I’m seeing I’m regretting doing the C first when I probably should have just gone straight to CE from car… seems like the £1600 I spent on C only benefited me by about 500 from where straight to CE would have got me.

£1500 I guess?
Have you started work with your C?

No I haven’t mate, to be honest I don’t feel qualified… I know that sounds daft but it’s a confidence thing… I failed a few times before finally passing and have been second guessing myself…. Need to fake it to make it I think! Hah! The longer it goes the harder it seems to get my head out of my aris! I am hoping that going in for the class 1 will bring things back to the fore and get me back in the right place

That’s really the best way to make use of the 2 tests route - quicker into a job. Have you already got a job that keeps you busy?

I know it can be daunting - my first class one job they gave me a double decker and told me to get on with it.
I would suggest it’s best to build up in stages, I started working on the 7.5t so that got me used to tachos and a certain size. Then class 2 were still a big jump in size but the principles are the same so you can get on with it. I’m starting full time tomorrow on class 1 so hopefully I’ll just pick it up as I go [emoji16]

Similar thoughts and experiences here Trucker Jimbob, except you’re ahead of me. Stu675’s idea about 7.5t agency work is a good one. I should have been doing it while I’m waiting and I’m going to make myself start after the Easter holidays. Good luck with working it all out.

Best of luck for your first day in your new job, Stu675. Looking forward to hearing all about it.