C to C&E

Hello all, I am just looking for some information regarding doing my C&E training. I just passed my Class C at the end of November and I’m trying to price up what’s needed for doing the training. Do I have to do another cpc as I will be changing categories? If so will the training be counted towards the cpc (4 days training = 28hrs)? I don’t need another medical I would presume. Any information will be gratefully appreciated
Cheers
Paul

NPABU:
Hello all, I am just looking for some information regarding doing my C&E training. I just passed my Class C at the end of November and I’m trying to price up what’s needed for doing the training. Do I have to do another cpc as I will be changing categories? If so will the training be counted towards the cpc (4 days training = 28hrs)? I don’t need another medical I would presume. Any information will be gratefully appreciated
Cheers
Paul

Medical + CPC training is for LGV not for separate categories

You don’t need another CPC or a medical.
It would however be advisable to do your training with a provider who can give you CPC hours while you’re learning C+E. The 4 days training will get you 28 hours as you said. Meaning you’ll only need a further 7 hours and you’ll be sorted for the next 5 years after your current CPC runs out.
It usually works out considerably cheaper to do it. At Ritchie’s I paid £70 on top of my training cost to get the 28 hours accredited.

Thanks for the quick replies, that’s good there isn’t more to pay other than the training itself, I will be going back to Ritchies as that’s who I done my Class C training and was happy with them and there setup. Now to convince the wife that this is good for us both lol
Cheers Paul

harrawaffa:
You don’t need another CPC or a medical.
It would however be advisable to do your training with a provider who can give you CPC hours while you’re learning C+E. The 4 days training will get you 28 hours as you said. Meaning you’ll only need a further 7 hours and you’ll be sorted for the next 5 years after your current CPC runs out.
It usually works out considerably cheaper to do it. At Ritchie’s I paid £70 on top of my training cost to get the 28 hours accredited.

That’s exactly what I did.

I done Class C with Ritchies in Sep 17 with an additional 7 hrs to get my CPC (Valid to 2022).
I went back in Oct 17 and done my CE with an additional 7 hrs. CPC now runs to 2027

NPABU:
Thanks for the quick replies, that’s good there isn’t more to pay other than the training itself, I will be going back to Ritchies as that’s who I done my Class C training and was happy with them and there setup. Now to convince the wife that this is good for us both lol
Cheers Paul

Tell her my wife allowed me to do mine lol. Both of us talk to drivers so we were well informed to just take the hit with cost and go all the way to class 1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk