C.S Fulfilment - Shepton Mallet

Has anyone heard of this place??.. I’m off there tomorrow, but cant find anything in the Yellow pages, or the street its spose to be in, which is Mendip Avenue…

Any advice greatly recieved… :wink:

andy ive just looked on maporama.com and found it straight away m8…dont know how to send you the link but its there m8… MAPORAMA.COM

Tel Mate, your a Star… cheers, dunno why multimap didnt pick it up…

Okay, got another question for ya… I’ll be leaving at around 5.30am tomorrow, how would you get there, M$ and down the A37■■, or A303… I’ll be coming from Dagenham… :unamused:

ive never ran that roure andy but knowing what the 303 can be like i would much prefer to stay on motorway for as long as poss… soz carnt be more precise m8… :wink:

Okay, heres my thoughts…

A303 to Wincanton, then straight up the A371 right into Shepton Mallet…

Does anybody have any thoughts on this route??.. is the A371 big enough for a 45ft Artic??..

I’d favour this route as its staying off the Motorways and it will be a much nicer run…

Like your thinking Andy,one of the main reasons I like the job is to see some of the country,doesn’t look half as nice from the motorway! Don’t know the Shepton Mallet end but they’re A roads so shouldn’t be any problem.Have a nice day,now get to bed you’ve got work in the morning! :smiley:

well, thats just it Tartan… thats the way I’m gonna go, coz its gonna be a nice run tomorrow, weathers gonna be good too.

The A371 runs from Wincanton all the way up to bristol, through shepton, so I was wondering if the Wincanton boys and girls use it as a route… well, there only one way to find out… LOL… I let you all know how I get on…
so if anyone see’s a nutter in a Ford Daf, Fleet Number H118 (thats the motor I had today)… then gimme a toot… LOL

Right, bed time… Night All :wink:

I have done the A137 all the way mate in an artic, so you will have no problems
it was a few years ago mind but I am sure it will still be ok!

Yep, your right TC, i had no probs…

Infact, what a ride… had some fog around Stone Henge, and there was some patchy fog around at the start of the A303, but I loved the whole ride… It was beautiful…
Some of them hills were killers though, as I was grossing out at 40, 300 tonne… the one just after Chicklade had me down to about 5 mph!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Anyway, the A371 was a bit tight in some places, but I loved the drive…
we forget that we have such gorgeous countryside and views in this country…

We do mate, i live down here :slight_smile:
Anyway, i was going to say last night that the 371 was a bit tight in places, might have been better going on down to the 37 if you wanted a smoother ride.
And yes that hill after chicklade is a killer lol

Well, they have got some of the road up through there at the moment too Gurner… in Ashead of something like that… its a bit where they have traffic lights, but the works put you up on the pavement… good job its chamfered curbing… :wink:

But the experience done me good. There are some of our drivers that wouldnt have even tried… but I just thought, sod it, give it a go, whats the worse that could happen??.. LOL…

Dont answer that… hahaha

I shall be down your part of the Country from Monday Gurner we are off to Butlins at Minehead. So if you see a green ■■■■■■ N*** EAT down push it because it could be me. I’m going the senic route also as the other half doesn’t like motorways so I’m going via Swindon, Devizes, Shepton Mallet, Glastonbury , Bridgewater & then Minehead.

I live not to far from Frome mate, so you will be passing near by.
When you come from swindon, a nice route to take is the A4361 accross to devizes.
You have to go down the 419 to the roundabout where the hospital is, as your coming down go 3 o’clock, 1 mile of dual carriageway, then go 10 o’clock, follow your nose for a few miles, it takes you down through Wroughton, its a nice drive across that way, but if you dont know it that well could end up lost lol

Thanks mate, yes that will cut off Marlborough. I did deliveries in that area for about 3 yrs all around Shepton, Devizes, Frome & Warminster but I’ve forgotten all my shortcuts and that was one. Wroughton thats got the science museum airfield on the hill if I remember.

Yep, up the top of the hill on the left i think, then follow your nose, you go through avebury which has a nice pub, and those stones so you can get out for a walk lol.