C.P.C. Employment

Hi all, i’ve just passed my C.P.C. national exam ( my owner/driver idea didn’t work out). I am looking to be a C.P.C. holder for a small company. I was wondering if any of you’s had done this in the past and could offer any advice? Where would be the best place to advertise? How much should i charge? Are there any pitfalls ishould know about?
My location is Central Scotland ( Grangemouth ).

Thanks in advance

Cheers

might be difficult to find a job that pays anything, the cpc’s handy enough but dosn’t make you an experienced tm on the other hand therese plenty of o/d’s, small operators that don’t have their own. there is a fella local to me who started a couple of years ago, he bought some pit land at the right money and offers hgv parking together with his cpc plus does a bit of container storage etc, seems to do quite well out of it with maybe ten or more o/d’s in there but obviousley he’s had the money to start with. saying all that a mates wife was tm for wincantons before she got recently made redundant and was on 30k a year so maybe a job with a big firm then work your way up would be a good idea.