C license

Hi, I passed my C1 test in 2010 and have full CPC hours. I’m aware I could have gone straight to the C training however the company I used to work for put me through it and C1 vehicles were their largest wagons. I now want to get my C license. Does anyone know if I’ll have to repeat the theory test? Or because I hold the DQC, will I be able to go straight to the practical examination?

No you don’t have to do the theory tests again.
So straight in for your Practical training and test.
Just choose your training provider carefully.

Paul :smiley:

Just choose your training provider carefully.

Absolutely. I always suggest at least 2 assessments. You’ll probably find it easier to pass on auto (you’ll still get full manual licence) if you want to keep the cost down.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

You only do the LGV medical, theory and dcpc once to cover you for all the various LGV categories so in your case you only need to pass the practical tests for C and CE

Thanks, that’s good news! Has anyone had any experience with these national training companies (easy as hgv, hgv driver training centre, the lgv training company)? They all offer a full package from the initial training to helping find employment once you have qualified. I would also be able to start training asap, which I would like to do. Would I be better off using a local company? I would have to wait longer but it should be less costly. Exeter and Bridgwater are my closest training locations.

Just go and visit a couple of training providers and see with your own eyes what they have to offer. Until you’ve done this don’t pay any money especially over the phone.

Paul :smiley:

biz82:
Thanks, that’s good news! Has anyone had any experience with these national training companies (easy as hgv, hgv driver training centre, the lgv training company)? They all offer a full package from the initial training to helping find employment once you have qualified. I would also be able to start training asap, which I would like to do. Would I be better off using a local company? I would have to wait longer but it should be less costly. Exeter and Bridgwater are my closest training locations.

All 3 of the companies you mention there sound like brokers and as I’m always seeing newbies being told on here - stay away. As has been said here, shop around with some local training schools.