C+E Training

Hey guys

Passed my cat c 18 months ago, and have been lucky enough to have been employed driving for 14 of those.

Now I am taking the plunge and doing C+E starting tomorrow!!!

Any last minute advice would be helpful.
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Who did you pass C with and who you doing CE with?

Hopefully a year or so of C ‘real world’ driving hasn’t leant too many bad habits.

Think about all the things that helped you absorb your C training.

Listen to your instructor. That’s what you pay them good money for.

Best of luck and we look forward to a diary of your training if possible.

I’m doing it with the same company EP training. Same truck ( albeit with drawbar)

Hi Simon,

Listen to your instructor, check your blind spots/ look over your shoulder before setting off, keep checking your mirrors, slow it down for junctions etc, listen to your instructor and keep an eye on the trailer wheels.

Oh did I say listen to your instructor… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Most of all try to relax and enjoy the experience.

I have heard good things about EP. Should be alright there.

Best of luck.

Which branch of ep are you with mate? Saw a few of their waggons on my training at Slyfield?

hello Simon. Good luck with your c+e training this week.

All I would say is listen very carefully to your instructor. work very hard to drive as instructed.
Mirror work is so important and blind spot check.
Slow right down for junctions and in good time. And if possible try not to stop.
Make sure you don’t cause other road users to stop or slow down.
keep off the kerbs. Watch the trailer wheels in your mirrors
With a drawbar trailer and the new smaller reversing area, once you understand the reverse. You will find it easier than on the rigid test.
Uncoupling/recoupling follow instructors advise.
Good luck again and let us know how you get on.

Well had my training on c+e with ep training last week, had my test this morning and i’m very pleased to say I passed with only 3 minors!!!

To say i’m over the moon is an understatement!

I want to say a massive thankyou to my instructor John curran, who made me feel really at ease in the truck. And to all of those at EP training. If you need training get with these guys.

See you on the road soon.

Fantastic. Well done. A good score too.

Best of luck finding CE work :slight_smile:

congratulations on the pass

jen x

Congrats on passing CE.:slight_smile: I failed mine on a silly mistake. Retest 11th July.

Congratulations Simon on passing c+e.
Mike

Belated congratulations on passing your C and well done for passing your C+E.

:sunglasses: :slight_smile:

Congrats on ya C+E :wink: