C+E training starts tomorrow - This is it! PASSED! :-D

Hi guys/gals,
Well, I finally start my C+E training tomorrow and will take my test on Thursday December 8th. :open_mouth:
I actually passed the Cat ‘C’ test back in 2004 and have done a fair bit of work on them since, although not exclusively. However, I am currently unemployed which is the main reason why I have decided to use most of my life savings to give me a (hopefully) better chance of employment again.
Watch this space for how I get on…

LJA:
Hi guys/gals, …

Hi LJA,

It’s good to have you aboard. :smiley:

Who you goona be training with - which school?

Good luck mate, I think you’ve made a good decision there. Let us know how you get on.

All the best with it. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck mate … :wink:

Hey mate, good luck! :slight_smile:

I am sure you will enjoy it as i did, make sure you get an early night after each day of tuition you will need it,especially if you are doing 1:1 for a full 8 hour day as i did , i found i could take in more information with an alert mind and it also helped boost confidence, i am sure you will do well. :wink:

Just out of interest… Who are you training with?

Good luck

I think that having done a fair bit of Class 2 work will give you an enormous advantage over somebody who is completely new to it, best advice I can give is to listen attentively to your trainer, arrive at the test centre as though you were going for an interview, scrubbed up and wearing clean clothes, be polite and friendly to your examiner (they never object to being called “Sir”) and do not dwell on any mistake you make during the test. No matter how badly you do, “Never say die”.

Testers are humans, not robots, they will be very unforgiving of errors made by candidates they take an instant dislike to, and will overlook mistakes by folk who seem to be made of the “Right Stuff”.

Just let us know, we’re all in your corner!

All the best for the coming week, good luck :wink:

Good look mate let me no how you get on :smiley:

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. All points duly noted! :slight_smile:

I will be taking my training with Phil Brown of Droitwich and for anybody interested I will keep you all updated on my progress further down this thread. Keep watching this space…

Good luck for Thursday. :slight_smile:

Harry Monk:
I think that having done a fair bit of Class 2 work will give you an enormous advantage over somebody who is completely new to it, best advice I can give is to listen attentively to your trainer, arrive at the test centre as though you were going for an interview, scrubbed up and wearing clean clothes, be polite and friendly to your examiner (they never object to being called “Sir”) and do not dwell on any mistake you make during the test. No matter how badly you do, “Never say die”.

Testers are humans, not robots, they will be very unforgiving of errors made by candidates they take an instant dislike to, and will overlook mistakes by folk who seem to be made of the “Right Stuff”.

Just let us know, we’re all in your corner!

+1
Good luck! :slight_smile:

Good luck matey enjoy ur training look forward to the updates

Jen x

all the best Geez, happy Huntin !! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

OK guys/gals,

Thanks for all the previous best wishes! :slight_smile: Hope everyone is well. Yes, I finally got my C+E training underway today with Phil Brown LGV training in Droitwich.

It was a very early start at 7am and there was plenty of scraping ice off the car windows before setting off! :angry: (Looks like it’s going to be the same tomorrow morning). Nothing major to report from my first day. The gearbox is different to what I am used to. It is a 4 over 4 but had a slight angle to it (I mean the gears didn’t appear to go straight forward & back, but at a slight diagnal instead) and I did find myself on more than one occaision trying to put it into 2nd when aiming for 4th after dropping it down to go round some roundabouts! :blush: I didn’t do any reversing into bays or anything like that today. :slight_smile: I was simply driving around parts of the test route, getting to know some of the ‘nasty’ corners and small roundabouts to give more attention to on the big day. However, at one point I did have to pull into a garage and needed to reverse back a short way in order to fuel the truck up at a regular fuel pump instead of the standalone LGV pump which was in use. Tomorrow is going to be a day of reversing! :open_mouth:

Here’s a few photos I took after arriving at 6:50am in the morning…

And here is a last photo I took after parking the truck up following my drive out and about…

Part 2 continues tomorrow…

Well done mate, sounds like you did well. Reversing is a vital part of the test, not nearly as interesting as being on the road but it has to be done… I reckon about a third of the time I spend doing lessons was practising reversing.

One little tip if you post pics- You have posted links to your pics, like this…

i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb4 … G_2555.jpg

Now, if you drag your cursor over the link so it turns blue, and then click on “Img” above the box where you type your message, it will appear like this…

Keeping fingers crossed, it’s a long time since I did my Class 1, but it takes me back!

hope all goes well for you mate, :smiley: