C+E Training drivers hours?

So I passed my CatC a few weeks ago and had a few weeks driving time so (rightly or wrongly) I’m feeling ready to attempt some C+E training.

I have an early morning job and usually finish before 13:00 so my first thought was to try and book my training sessions in the afternoons or evenings after work rather than booking the week off as a holiday.

Though It just dawned on me that perhaps the training could interfere with my driving hours. Does my self funded C+E training count as other work? Driving time? Do I need to use my Tachograph for C+E training?

The other issue is how tired I could be doing training after a full work shift, but I thought I’d check the legality first.

No tacho needed whilst training

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

LGV training using a training school LGV is exempt EU regs = not counted as driving or other work but is counted as rest

stgodd:
The other issue is how tired I could be doing training after a full work shift,

Me? I´d jump on it. You´re already in the groove.
If I was totally and mentally shattered? I wouldn´t.

Depends how the day went. But for me, training for CE. go for it. It´s different to doing a job, it´s working towards a different future.

You should be fine mate as it is exempt.

But personally I wouldn’t because you would be shattered… you’d want some rest doing it as you don’t want to waste money by not able to concentrate and learn.

Hope this helps mate