c+e training and test!

Hey guys wee quick question. As some of you mind know have my c+e training on thursday. Just wondering while training and on the test do you still have to feed steering wheel or can you cross hands??, just thinking as its longer lorry. Cheers guys :smiley:

Feed the wheel like you did on your car test. It’s the safest method. Why would you think it’s ok to cross hands when driving a lorry? Yes it’s longer but you just give yourself more time by manoeuvring more slowly than you would in a car.

First of all because ive seen it on the reverse. And because i wasnt sure. I know class 2 was feeding wheel. Thought class 1 could be diffrent

You can cross hands on reverse that is allowed but not on the driving it self

Why would it be different on a C+E to the rest of the tests

animal:
You can cross hands on reverse that is allowed but not on the driving it self

Disagree - being in full control no matter how its steered is now the criteria

Hate to admit it - but ROG is correct again!

No-one is going to fail a test for crossing hands from time to time. But it’s not the best or easiest method of steering.

Control is the important factor - and that is all.

In defence of Animal, I’ve heard trainers say that you can cross hands on reverse but not on the drive.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I was told to please myself, drive how I felt comfortable, we’re in the land of the grown ups now, I think was what my instructor told me. Only thing he made a point of saying was not to rest my left hand on the gear lever.

Peter Smythe:
Hate to admit it - but ROG is correct again!

No-one is going to fail a test for crossing hands from time to time. But it’s not the best or easiest method of steering.

Control is the important factor - and that is all.

In defence of Animal, I’ve heard trainers say that you can cross hands on reverse but not on the drive.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yep you have to be in full control at all times so the best practice is not to cross hands but sometimes easier on the reverse only & you can still be in control IIRC I did on my test ( cross hands on reverse ) no minor or anything

But no doubt your instructor will tell you what is best listen ask questions if in doubt

Yes i will just do as im taught. Its the only way ill pass. Training c+e starts tomorrw :smiley: :smiley:

Out of interest are you training in an artic or wagon and drag?

I ask as I’m still undecided which one I’m going to train in :smiley:

Its an artic jusholmes. Cant wait get started. Ive heard people say the wag drag suppose b easier. And i here the whole c+e test suppoe b easier than c

davy1111:
Its an artic jusholmes. Cant wait get started. Ive heard people say the wag drag suppose b easier. And i here the whole c+e test suppoe b easier than c

It’s not easier you’re just more prepared what to expect. Only thing I found easier is that it’s easier to keep an artic off the kerbs.

You wouldnt think it would be easier to keep artic of kerbs. Why do you think its easier?

Trailer doesn’t cut in like a rigid does. Follows the unit, rather than moving over as soon as you turn the wheel.

Thanks just want i wanted to here. Was hopen it was easier. Looking forward to training tomorrow :smiley:

How did you get on with your training today?

Yes great thanks jusholmes. It is daf twin axle. 16 gear splitter box. Got hang in 10mins. Trainer was inpressd i got hang easy enough. Lookn forward to tomorrow. Have a pic of the lorry but dnt know how to attach it

Daf

This pic from their own website … lloydsmotoring.co.uk/lgv-training/

Yes mate tgats on there home page. That one i took in my fone. Ill try get somemore threw out my training :smiley: