C+e test, was examiner right or wrong?

Just thinking back to my test, once the test was over i was talking to the trainers back at the office and one of them asked me which route he took me, so i started to explain where he took me, then one of the trainers said" hold on he cant of taken you down that road it has a 7.5tonne limit" i replied " i know i raised that with him and told me to ignore it for this exercise" needless to say the boss of the driving school took the name of the examiner encase they got a letter from the local authority stated your artic seen in this road etc. And they could say it was on a test at that time ect ect, My question is was he right to do that, why is it ok for him to take me down that route ? if it has a weight limit then surely no one should use it that exceeds the limit except emergency services of course.

Do you know how much your artic, and trailer weigh empty ■■

I had the same issue with my examiner when I took my C test in October 2010. He took me through a NIMBY route with 7.5t limit.

His reason was that DSA Examiners are given special dispensation to contravene certain limits.

I obviously did not argue with them (as at that point I hadn’t finished the test).

At the end I asked him about it and he said it was likely I would have deliveries in areas that have weight limits and I should be prepared.

But I wonder what the legislation is that they use.

Semi Cdn:

That doesn’t matter when it comes to most weight restriction signs.

Semi Cdn:

Nope but it was daf cf with 40ft box not that that matters, any artic would be over if doing c+e test

dar1976:
I had the same issue with my examiner when I took my C test in October 2010. He took me through a NIMBY route with 7.5t limit.

His reason was that DSA Examiners are given special dispensation to contravene certain limits.

I obviously did not argue with them (as at that point I hadn’t finished the test).

At the end I asked him about it and he said it was likely I would have deliveries in areas that have weight limits and I should be prepared.

But I wonder what the legislation is that they use.

Maybe it is the same as that which lets a police officer ‘direct you’, e.g. across an unbroken white line, the wrong way along a closed motorway, etc. Special circumstances or something?

I imagine any trainer wouldn’t be happy if an accident occured and the route had to be justified to an insurance company.

steeton test centre has a 7.5t weight limit on the way back to the test centre. i was told to ignore the weight limit and proceed as directed, like dar, i wasn’t going to argue with the man.

i often wonder what the ‘except for access’ signs underneath weight limits are for… i guess, i need access to the road at the other end of this one doesn’t count… :slight_smile:

I remember the same at Steeton, my instructor told me that the examiner would probably take me down a 7.5, “remember to mention that it is” and that it was on the test route before the weight limit was introduced and they could still use it.

Medaluk:
Just thinking back to my test, once the test was over i was talking to the trainers back at the office and one of them asked me which route he took me, so i started to explain where he took me, then one of the trainers said" hold on he cant of taken you down that road it has a 7.5tonne limit" .

Hi,

I notice you’re in Southend on Sea, did you do your test at Chelmsford? If so, which was the limit they took you through?

Gary

i done one in chelmsford and purfleet, he didnt take be down one in chelmsford , as the one in chelmsord they tell you to ignore is no longer restricted but the signs still remain. ha took me down one in grays coming off the treacle mine roundabout.

Medaluk:
My question is was he right to do that,.

Your examiner may not always be right, but he is always your examiner. :wink:

You did precisely the right thing by pointing out the weight restriction before carrying out his orders, that is exactly what he was looking for. :smiley: