C+E test reverse

I’m two weeks into my first class 1 job after getting my licence in January and can’t help but think that the reverse on the test is not enough. I understand that it’s getting you to learn what the trailer does when you steer in each direction and that most people say you learn to reverse after you pass.

I’d be interested to hear driver trainers thoughts as to wether it’s enough, I think getting trainees to do a bay park after being at 90 degrees to the bay. Not expecting them to be taught how to blindside reverse but something a little more real life would be better.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=101564

There are more discussions like that one

My test in morning mate an i just cant grips with it. Spend all day today and its just frustrating. Got it few times. But also made hash of it few times also

We’ve all been there mate. It took me about 4 - 6 weeks after getting my first artic job for the reversing to finally click.

You’ll get there. You will know when you’ve sussed it when you start having problems reversing your car into a parking space!!

Reverse excercise for the test is just to get you through the test. Fair enough.

In the real world you have to teach yourself. Scares the living daylights out of me. Hence I’ve not driven an artic since my test.

Our place isn’t far off growing to the size that we’ll need one before long. I’ve asked the TM, that as I paid for my own training and test, that he lets me go back at his expense and do some refresher training.

Time will tell