C & E Refresher morning

Evening Guys

Gone for a few jobs as a proper trucker - Like Wagon & Drag - kind off but want to drive proper trucks
Does anyone know of a company that offers a Refresher course - well like 2hrs can not afford the £200 odd quid that some schools are asking.
I’m only a Poor :cry: class 2 driver with a class 1 licence

Cheers

you could try asking a local haulier if you could go out with one of their drivers for a day to get the experience/refresher

they won’t charge you for this, the regular driver would be happy to sit there and twiddle his thumbs whilst you drive

Cheers
I shall check some out and ask.

Thank-you

Lots of agencies like to send you on assessments and not pay you for it. You could play them at there own game and get some practice in for free (not including you time of course). Might not be worthwhile though.

Wayne:
Lots of agencies like to send you on assessments and not pay you for it. You could play them at there own game and get some practice in for free (not including you time of course). Might not be worthwhile though.

the only thing with that is, the assessment that you go on is more paperwork and procedures than driving, you might be there all day, but, only do a 15 minute drive

Aye
I work Mon-Fri 6am-5pm So NO free time for agencies - No time for them.
Cheers anyway.

An assessment drive at a providers most dont charge & can give you an hour driving

shuttlespanker:

Wayne:

the only thing with that is, the assessment that you go on is more paperwork and procedures than driving, you might be there all day, but, only do a 15 minute drive

You might not even get to drive if you fail the paper work side.

Ask at some local hauliers if they have any saturday runs and go out with the regular driver.

Try these people…no idea of the price for a refresher morning, but it’s got to be worth a call…

A. Hingley Transport Limited, - Hayes Lane, Lye, Stourbridge, West Midlands DY9 8PA
T: 01384 424200

Driver training division is located here.

Defo shanky’s option, plus there is always the potential of being in the right place at the right time