C+E provisional?

Hi, I havent made any decisions yet, just pondering my next move to make myself more employable.

I’ve only had my C for a few months and been doing some agency work. I’m wondering wether its worth getting C+E provisional and maybe going for a few assesment drives to see how I get on before booking a course.

Is it worth trying now or am I better of driving for a year and getting some more road time, before doing this?

Sorry for doubling up what Squiddy said, I didn’t refresh the forum before posting lol.

Unless things have changed lately, your full Class C entitlement is already a provisional C+E licence and you won’t need to apply for anything.

Probably worth an assessment drive at the least.

Have assessment drive what is it going to cost you :question: then you maybe have a better idea

Going to book assessment next week for artic, costing £70 for2 hrs.

Doing this to see if i am comfortable in driving an artic, even though i drive a tractor and artic trailer at work. :sunglasses:

Soon as you pass your cat c that is your c+e provisional

Not quite. As soon as you pass your Cat C you are legal to drive Cat C but you are not legal to drive CE until the provisional is on your licence a few days later.

Just a detail, but could be important.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

jackg:
Going to book assessment next week for artic, costing £70 for2 hrs.

Doing this to see if i am comfortable in driving an artic, even though i drive a tractor and artic trailer at work. :sunglasses:

You’ll nail it then.

Wow thats brilliant. Ive got a course over the next two weeks so was thinking about sending my licence away to get it added while I didn’t need it. A ring round the schools on tuesday then :slight_smile:

Thanks for the replies.

Peter Smythe:

Not quite. As soon as you pass your Cat C you are legal to drive Cat C but you are not legal to drive CE until the provisional is on your licence a few days later.

Just a detail, but could be important.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Wait, so when I get my license back from the DVLA after they’ve put my Category C on it, it automatically has CE on it? That’s good, means I don’t need to send it straight back to get CE provisional put on it :smiley:

That’s correct Sam. Passing C and sending your license back will entitle you to a CE provisional category on your new returned license

£70 for an assesment drive. Sod that mine was free