C+E practical test/CPC

I know the Class C practical test counts towards your CPC modules but is the same for the Class C+E practical? I’ve got two modules to get in before June 2019 and my company is doing it but we have one module in a coulple of weeks then the next one is in march next year. Just taken my class 1 and I’m wondering if in doing that it leaves me with only the one module to do which would be in a fortnight so I could start looking for work elsewhere then instead of waiting till next year. I asked my insturctor last week but he didn’t know and Google just confused me. Thanks.

Cpc modules are not automatic with CAT C or CE. In fact, the authorities (JAUPT) are fast putting a stop to CAT C getting cpc credits. Whether your CE was eligible will depend on how the course was laid out as far as qualifying training time goes, whether the trainer has the course approved for cpc and whether it was agreed that you wanted the cpc credit. If you have done it and agreed a cpc credit then you should have been given a certificate at the time. The credit cannot be backdated.

You can check online to see if your cpc record and that will clear it up straight away.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
In fact, the authorities (JAUPT) are fast putting a stop to CAT C getting cpc credits.

About right that, anything that helps or benefits the driver gets stomped on. Wonder if it’s so they force you to pay extra to do modules on top of training to top up coffers [emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for taking the time to reply, no mention of a CPC credit was spoken on my course and I have looked at my CPC history online and I have three active modules and five have been used (my initial 35 hrs back in 2014) Looks like I’m staying in my current employment till march next year then, unless I go and do 7hrs myself.

I don’t follow why you think you cant change your job without doing the other 7 hours. Perhaps I’m missing something.

Peter Smythe:
I don’t follow why you think you cant change your job without doing the other 7 hours. Perhaps I’m missing something.

I can change jobs tomorrow if I wanted, but I’d have to source my own 14 hrs to keep my CPC going before September 2019 (thought it was june). The company I’m with now do it in house, 7hrs on a Saturday getting paid time and half also they pay for the CPC but the last 7hrs aren’t being done to next March so I’m thinking do I wait for that to happen or just go and get the last module myself. I didn’t explain that very well in the 1st post sorry.

cribs76:

Peter Smythe:

I can change jobs tomorrow if I wanted, but I’d have to source my own 14 hrs to keep my CPC going before September 2019 (thought it was june). The company I’m with now do it in house, 7hrs on a Saturday getting paid time and half also they pay for the CPC but the last 7hrs aren’t being done to next March so I’m thinking do I wait for that to happen or just go and get the last module myself. I didn’t explain that very well in the 1st post sorry.

If you have your class 1 and you are driving class 2 don’t just stay for the sake of a couple of cpc days. They cost about £50 each. And driving artics is so much nicer than rigids. They are just better to drive - and generally the work is easier. Don’t subject yourself to being second class for the sake of £100.

sammym:
If you have your class 1 and you are driving class 2 don’t just stay for the sake of a couple of cpc days. They cost about £50 each. And driving artics is so much nicer than rigids. They are just better to drive - and generally the work is easier. Don’t subject yourself to being second class for the sake of £100.

A paragraph of sense there, i thought it was more expensive than that for CPC modules. Think you are right why carry on doing something I hate for the sake of 100 quid especially as I have already paid out on a class 1 course anyway. Time to get a hgv sat nav and hit the job adverts!