C+E licence renewal

I have just noticed that my licence expires on 31/01/2020. How long before Dvla send out the D2/D4 forms? any ideas? thanks

SWEDISH BLUE:
I have just noticed that my licence expires on 31/01/2020. How long before Dvla send out the D2/D4 forms? any ideas? thanks

Check in November or December they give you lots of time.

Mine expires beginning of December and I received the forms a week ago. I don’t drive much in the winter so not too worried if it’s not done on time but it does only give 6 weeks.

My Licence expires in December, got the forms through last week. Which reminds me, I’ll need not forget about it!

As long as you have submitted your renewal form before your licence expires you are OK to drive.

As I will be 66 years old, will I get a 5 year or a 1 year licence?

SWEDISH BLUE:

You HGV entitlement will be for a year.

Sent from my mobile.

SWEDISH BLUE:

Don’t send in your renewal too early, I’ve renewed mine every year since I turned 65, (72 now) over that time I’ve lost two months on my licence. It’s quite a lot on a yearly renewal if you factor in the cost of a medical each year. I’ve had mine returned on a week’s turnaround regularly. I used to send it in early due to it running out near the Xmas postal rush but DVLA don’t add on the unexpired time on to the new licence. Regards Kev.

kevmac47:

SWEDISH BLUE:

Don’t send in your renewal too early, I’ve renewed mine every year since I turned 65, (72 now) over that time I’ve lost two months on my licence. It’s quite a lot on a yearly renewal if you factor in the cost of a medical each year. I’ve had mine returned on a week’s turnaround regularly. I used to send it in early due to it running out near the Xmas postal rush but DVLA don’t add on the unexpired time on to the new licence. Regards Kev.

Just checked mine as it’s recently come back and I’ve lost 5 days !

Bit cheeky of DVLA. Don’t see why they can’t keep it on anniversary like a normal system [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine 6 weeks before it ran out sent it of and new licence back in just over a week

SWEDISH BLUE:

Just sent mine off today , r egistered post , expires 14/11/19 , D4 with it I will keep you informed on time.
Swedish blue I am 66 also ! Wish to hell we got a 5 year licence, will you ask em or shall I ?..
Jim

Licence recieved fri 8 making it exactley 2 weeks to process, not bad I think.
Also had a week left to run on old one and they havent deducted it, result.
Jim

Worth noting that you can download the D4 medical form, and get that sorted before any renewal notice arrives. The D4 is valid for 4 months from date signed, so it can done at your convenience rather than look for an appointment in a shorter time frame.

Franglais:
Worth noting that you can download the D4 medical form, and get that sorted before any renewal notice arrives. The D4 is valid for 4 months from date signed, so it can done at your convenience rather than look for an appointment in a shorter time frame.

Agreed, Franglais ,thats the plan for next year.
Assuming I make it that far !
Jim

How important is it, to put the exact date for passing hgv test on the d4 ?
Cant remember mine and I cant find my little brown book :blush:

^^^^ I’ve only ever put which year I passed. Was drunk at the time so the exact date has faded into the mists of time.

the maoster:
^^^^ I’ve only ever put which year I passed. Was drunk at the time so the exact date has faded into the mists of time.

Cheers for that.Out of interest, were you pished when you passed or done the renewal ?
:laughing:

Suedehead:

the maoster:

Cheers for that.Out of interest, were you pished when you passed or done the renewal ?
[emoji38]

It’d save time if he listed all the times when he was sober…
[emoji3]

3 times actually :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: