c+e fail

So today guys fail my c+e. Start of test reversing got on the straight when coming across yard took 3 shunts. 3rd lucky. I know its only 2 but examiner was fair an didnt mark me for 3rd i was geting away with that. Then i had uncoupling no probs. Did my b.l.a.c.k… then drove along side as you do. Lined up got out checked trailer brake again an did my checks. Coupled up did 2 shunts forward. Thought locked in. Thought i heard it. Got out checked chain. Wouldnt go in so rolled forward again reversed in an got it. So the drive. Examiner asks me to pull over and take of when safe do so. Did my mirror checks and blind spot some old ■■■■ walks in front of i see him did my mirrors again blind spot and went to move then the same old ■■■■ goes to walk in front of me again. Danerous i got for that. Hasnt annoyed me. Just a set back. 7 minors. Test again anyway on thursday :smiley:

That’s unfortunate mate, I was gutted when I failed mine first time but you learn from your mistakes and nail it next time. Try not to shunt 3 times though because not all examiners are that nice! :smiley:

Cheers jack. I know i shud of got it 1st 2nd time on shunts. But this examiner is decent. Give him that. The reversen is thing wryd bout most. U get yours 2nd time round?

I’m sure you will b fine m8 , failed 1st time to , undue hesitation drove like a bat out of hell on my retest didn’t want to b failing twice for the same thing, got through it and passed was a great feeling and I’m sure you’ll pass on your retest , most people take two goes at there c+e all the best and remember to let us know how you got on best of luck fella .

Thanks thomas mate apprecate it. As you say think ill be very focused this time. Sure will let you guys know. Cheers mate :smiley:

Hi davy, yeah 2nd time, passed yesterday morning. Failed the first test on not indicating when pulling away from the kerb, 3 times lol terrible thing to fail on I know.

Atleast you know what to expect now so you can go into it knowing how you have to perform. Are you doing yours in an artic or W&D?

I know jacksey its trying to remember things like that. The things you failed on i failed on as well today. The examiner asld me pull up when safe do so and a guy walkd right in front of the wagon i seen him walk by towards passanger side then i did my left and right mirror checks and blind spot and he just walked out from passanger side again and i didnt see him cause i was checking right shoulder blind spot. So got dangerous or serious for that. So il b more careful next time. I did mines in artic daf mate

Davy1111,

Don’t dwell on the fail just move on and forward, you’ve got that experience behind you now and can build positively upon it. Remember believe in yourself and you will pass.

Best wishes and good luck for Thursday.

Maneman

Thanks alot maneman means lot :smiley:

You will be fine next time, you now know exactly what is going to happen re the drive etc so just concentrate on the other things - mirrors being the most obvious example. As for the reverse, slow as you can - gives you more time to correct yourself if it starts to go wrong!

Good luck for the next time :smiley:

Cheers andy mate :smiley:

All the best for 2moz Davy , I’m sure you will be fine , get a good nites sleep keep the head clear and good luck , expect Rog fireworks tomorrow .

Thanks thomas mate :smiley:

In future just wait for him to walk past your truck. Don’t take your eyes off the pedestrian until he’s well clear, then you’re safe to check the road side and pull off.

I know it’s tempting to get on with it as you don’t want to get done for too much hesitation but the examiner won’t mind hesitation for a good reason.

Good luck pal