C+E assessment

Took the first step on the road to hopefully getting a Cat C+E licence today with an assessment at Kent Metro. Was feeling pretty nervous when I arrived and was taken out on the road by Terry. Was quite surprised to be let loose on the public highway within a few minutes but Terry soon put me at ease. No disasters, didn’t hit any kerbs or road furniture and loved it :smiley: Terry spent most of his time telling me to slow down into roundabouts and explaining how to get the best from the auto box. Have booked 4 day (32 hours) course with Terry starting on 22nd July with test on the Friday. Can’t wait :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Steve

Glad you enjoyed it. All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Sounds good. I guess that is 32 hours on 2-1 training, as you’ll be pretty tired if it’s just you!
Artic or W&D?

No it’s 1 to 1 on an artic. Bit worried about long days but that is how they do things. Doing 11 hour days at work so hope that might help a bit

t595:
No it’s 1 to 1 on an artic. Bit worried about long days but that is how they do things. Doing 11 hour days at work so hope that might help a bit

Unlikely to help

Learning something with the type of concentration that requires usually results in either long breaks during a full day 1 to 1 or the day being cut short due to tiredness making any more driving unsafe

t595:

Wow… I am a bit shocked at that!

My opinion - I think you are being sold about twice as much training as most people need. I did 4 days, 2-1, with test first thing on 5th day, and that was in an artic too. This was a good length course, as you get a rest from driving, but can still take in things by reading the road, and observing the other trainee’s driving.

I believe that some trainers do 1-1 C+E courses that are 14 hours total or even shorter. And I just noticed it’s an auto you are learning in, so I am highly intrigued how they will pad this out!

Anyway, all that said, hope it goes well for you!