C+e assessment drive in artic

Hi all

So, I went out yesterday on an assessment drive in an artic - Volvo FH12 500, was really nice. It’s the first time I’ve driven an artic or with any sort of trailer.
It went well, I clipped the kerb with the trailer wheels on my first couple of left turns as I wasn’t used to the length but soon got the hang of it and it was a good feeling to navigate some fairly tight corners in such a big vehicle. Went for a trundle around the local area and then back to their yard for a little bit of reversing - I reversed back into next doors yard, went forwards to swing round and reversed back in a straight line to park outside their premises (in a T shape basically). I didn’t mess it up at all (which surprised me a bit) but I just followed instructions and pulled it off.

The instructor was a good guy and the company itself have been great so far.

Overall I feel really positive and I’m looking forward to getting booked in for the real learning process to start - looks like it will be in March.

In this artic?

Yes indeed

Looks like the 5th wheel could do with sliding forward .

Enjoy it, it’s fun! :grimacing:

bald bloke:

Assume it’s like that to make it easier to couple and uncouple

dave_garner:

bald bloke:

Have a look at the landing legs,It looks more like the trailer has a really short king pin. The legs look like they are the correct distance from the wheels.

Skippy70:

dave_garner:

bald bloke:

Have a look at the landing legs,It looks more like the trailer has a really short king pin. The legs look like they are the correct distance from the wheels.

Either way it’s a trailer

I did my lessons with a company close to this one I did my class 2 and the examiner recommended this company he said that this truck is too good for the job it’s brand new and a lovely truck its I shift auto. And in there website they are offering a free assesment im calling them shortly.

Only thing is botley test station houses “wing mirror alley” and segrnsworth spaghetti junctions the area is litters with junctions and roundabouts make sure you do your test just after lunch best time

But I’m probably going to go with this school as there truck is so new and good that helps I think the only other option I have is brighton less round abouts not sure :grimacing:

the examiner recommended this company

Really?

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

yeah its a nice truck. Smooth. Steering is so light.
do it mate!

I’d say the truck is too good, why does it need all the spots and a/c pod for ? It’s saying look at the sort of truck you could be driving when you pass your test but in reality…

too good??

Yes it was parked up I parked next to it when we got back its new that’s the main thing older trucks like the Scania slap over was a bit shiz on turning the examiner was like give your assesment a good drive as you will get a newer truck he said if you give a sub standard lol drive you get a old truck spot on we want new as steering is better and auto :sunglasses:

Bet it’s like driving a mini :laughing:

Digit369:
I did my lessons with a company close to this one I did my class 2 and the examiner recommended this company he said that this truck is too good for the job it’s brand new and a lovely truck its I shift auto. And in there website they are offering a free assesment im calling them shortly.

Only thing is botley test station houses “wing mirror alley” and segrnsworth spaghetti junctions the area is litters with junctions and roundabouts make sure you do your test just after lunch best time

But I’m probably going to go with this school as there truck is so new and good that helps I think the only other option I have is brighton less round abouts not sure :grimacing:

What’s for you won’t go buy you Digit give up ffs easy ,easiest, auto, time, not my fault I failed because im ■■■■, etc etc , Stay a pedestrian for everyone’s sake :confused: . Fonejacker :unamused:

Come again?

its a nice truck, but it’s not new. the replacement for it came out on 13 reg.

and the new one really is a nice truck!

Agreed

So I’m booked in to start training 19th March.
6 sessions of 3 hours and test on the 7th day.
Looking forward to it!

Still got my mod4 to do and it’s the only bit Im not looking forward to… is it a ball ache or straight forward? I contacted a local school and they said 3-4 days training for it but another school says it’s one lesson and test the same day…