C & C Group/Matthew Clark

I left this company yesterday. Good riddance to them, I just wanted to give anyone who might be thinking of going here the heads up.

They are a huge drinks logistics company with many depots throughout the UK, (I was based in Warrington) supplying kegs, wine and bottled beer to pubs, clubs, etc…

The nature of the job is predominantly hand ball, it gets you fit but can be dangerous especially when dealing with 22gallon kegs and small ancient cellars.

Safety at C & C is a formality and ‘box ticking’ exercise. Climbing over pallets and trying to dig out buried stock is a common occurrence and getting injured is the same. Very little time is given to do these sometimes dangerous drops and ‘time windows’ are pathetic, as is the route planning.

What first attracted me to this position was having a drivers mate, someone to chat to and share the work load. What a load of b@#£ocks. If you can manage to get a mate who either doesn’t have a serious anger management issue or ‘can’t be arsed’ attitude or spends the whole day looking a his phone then GREAT!

I could go on but needless to say, as per usual, management is the worst I have ever come across, highly unprofessional and non existent. Management will ball you out in front of all your colleagues and stitch you up on a Friday, needless to say I have never seen so many people walk out of a job in my life.

Not worked for them directly, but delivered beer plenty of times when I worked for Downturns.
The queues outside the Park Royal depot were epic. Place was a shambles.

At least, if you were waiting at the right time, you could get a hot meal in the canteen.