C/B Legal F/M or illegal A/M

i used to use C/b’s years ago when i was to young to even think about driving anything that didn’t have pedal’s
any way up i was thinking about buying myself one for work what sort would you brakers out there advise :unamused:

I should see if you can get one with a spellchecker :stuck_out_tongue:

I have just bought one, there is only me on it :blush:

Braker Breaker :wink:

I loved the am in the late 70’s early 80’s, we got out miles, that fm was a bit crap but i spose its where theyre all on these days??

I’m like you Mal enjoyed the days of am CB’s. The best one I had was a Formac 120 c/w K40 mic & twig well that was until some kind person nicked it from my car :imp: :imp: . When it went to FM I bought a cheap Midland I think it was after about 6months I gave the whole lot away just couldn’t hack the idiots on it then.

i was to young to even think about driving anything that didn’t have pedal’s

My car, my van and the truck all have pedals? :laughing:

Got a Cb off my Dad think i used it for about two days then i took it out and its now in the garage collecting dust. either got nothing on it for hours or aload of idiots playing music down it :unamused:

we have them still for pilot cars etc here and abroad, but unless you are running with a mate it may as well stay off back in UK - usually just a congregation place for every (homebased?) moron for miles around :unamused:

Go for the FM rig make sure its uk 27/81, still plenty of people on channel and still plenty of fools :cry: . AM is still used by the irish truckers . ebay is a good place to s/hand cb equipment and if you find its not as you remember you can get rid on ebay again without being to much out of pocket :laughing:

get a dual bander 27/81 & ceptic channels in the same rig

27/81 is due to be phased out soon,and we’ll all be using the mid band channels.This is to ‘harmonise’ us with the rest of the morons over the water.

However,I would agree with Hitch,a dual bander is still worth while.

My last set up was,a President Lincoln,Sirio Hi-Power 4000 antenna,250w kicker,and an Astatic teardrop mic.

Ken.

The worst thing they ever did was legalising CB. It used to be regulated much better by the users when the main concern was to not ruffle too many feathers. If the idiots and bucketmouths came on they were usually left in little doubt what would happen to their equipment if they were caught.

Nowadays just because they pay a licence they think they can do what they want and the authorities totally fail to regulate the airwaves or to enforce any kind of rules.

In my day i used to have 2 cocoa tins and piece of string…worked just as well :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: