C and E Test Thursday

Passed my reverse today, quite surprised I did, struggled on my first day of training, as I’ve never really done any van driving or anything really, only my car, overall I feel more confident and comfortable now, I do keep clipping the odd kerb here and there, which I think may be my downfall, any tips etc, how to keep my nerves a bit muchly appreciated, thanks.

KALMS TABLETS

ROG:
KALMS TABLETS

A full tub, or just a few :smiley:

just a couple haha

I have my class 1 road test as well on Thursday, Did my reverse back in October but DVSA cancelled on me but some “issues” with training centre and tests being hard to get hold of left the long delay, but have my own 7 Car 26t lorry been getting out in and out a fair bit of some of the other rigids, so at least getting lorry practice in even if it isn’t a bendy one!

Class 2 took me 4 goes, nerves really got to me, did stupid things worrying that something was going to make me fail and did something that made me fail, but got it done eventually.

Remember at the end of the day, its just a test you need to show have listened to what taught to pass the test, that can demonstrate that you are most likely not going to cause chaos when off by yourself.

Been on anti depressants personally for about a year, nerves stress and anxiety where ruining a lot for me, but they really helped me understand how to at least try to deal with it better without the feeling of utter doom and terror taking over, and what caused me to chuck in my first driving job after a few weeks going back to my old company because it got on top of me, now as often as can zipping about in my 26t car transporter and feel fine, the places and things caused me so much grief before actually quite enjoy…after telling the inside of the cab ***** office sending me here ya ****

The kalms are a good idea, have a banana before hand got told that by a lad at work something todo with the potassium in them helping calm vibes? no idea but had one before I passed so im doing the same again this time lol

Remember Breath properly, most people when in a tense situation hold their breath, breath to quickly neither good for keeping relaxed, getting plenty of oxygen to the brain when you really want it, so in through the nose out through the mouth should help, keep the windows down a bit fresh air helps.

Talk out what you are doing, think even if its just repeat instructions out, ooo thats a little narrow go wider here, ooo where you going audi etc etc examiners are supposed to like it, and if anything a nice distraction from the cab being quiet.

Use the road that you need, its an artic its big you need room so split lanes, use the other side of the road as you need to on turns, narrow bits and a lorry coming the other way slow right down and move over as much as you can, mirrors meeting not much fun usually.

Lastly yeah a fail is a real downer, but things don’t always go to plan a lot of things that can fail your test, depending on the work you do, where you are you will do all the time, many things are often needed in the real world that are test fails, just avoid them for that 1hr and a bit and its not a real issue after that

Enjoy it, get a good kip night before, the odds are everything will be fine, but really aside from the dent in your pocket going around again is nothing to be concerned over

Let us know how you get on today, good luck! Remember to take all the space you need (safely) and just breathe. You got this!