C and CE, no longer on my licence, have I lost entitlement?

Hello, posting this question for a mate who use to drive Class 1. He left professional driving some years ago and was looking to start driving again.

But he does not have the C or CE on his licence, are they gone permanently or until he get a LGV medical?

Thanks guys

Once you pass 45 without a medical you no longer hold entitlement, some drivers have lost their licence and a resit was necessary, others remained on the system, depends on whether your “friend” wants to drive again

What did the DVLA say when you rang them up to get the correct advice ?

Bet it wasn’t ask a truck forum .

joe royal:
What did the DVLA say when you rang them up to get the correct advice ?

Bet it wasn’t ask a truck forum .

They wouldn’t speak to him if he isn’t the licence holder [emoji103]

In august when it was time for my medical i ticked the box to say I didn’t want to renew it and sent of my licence. A few days later I got a call from the DVLA to ask if I was sure I didn’t want it, I said no and the lady told me if I changed my mind all I would have to do was get a medical and they would renew, no test required. That is just for the HGV entitlement.

PeteMac:
Hello, posting this question for a mate who use to drive Class 1. He left professional driving some years ago and was looking to start driving again.

But he does not have the C or CE on his licence, are they gone permanently or until he get a LGV medical?

Thanks guys

What year did he get his first HGV licence :question:
If before 1984 then he could have a problem with DVLA as they go by pass date computer records and they did not start until 1984 :exclamation:

I am fairly certain that 1984 is correct

ROG:

PeteMac:

Thanks guys

If before 1984 then he could have a problem with DVLA as they go by pass date computer records and they did not start until 1984 :exclamation:

They may have started keeping computer records in 1984, although I obtained my first provisional licence in 1986 and that was a hand written brown book licence.

ROG:

PeteMac:

Thanks guys

1st April 86, ROG, is when they changed over from old to new style licences. Unless you mean something different? In which case I bow to your knowledge.

As you know, I’ve been there, done the research.

To renew HGV entitlement after letting medical lapse is simply a case of getting the medical and sending the forms off to DVLA.

This depends on :
DVLA having a record of you passing the test.
or
You having a licence issued by DVLA showing the entitlement.
or
a pass certificate.

Anything else and they’ll turn it down.
We’ll deal with that if, and when, we need to :smiley:

Right, so, get the medical sorted, send forms off, see what DVLA gives you/your friend. Job done :slight_smile:

Bliddy ell Harry! That pic brought back some memories :smiley: That’s the one i had, you must have stolen it from me :smiley:

steviespain:
1st April 86, ROG, is when they changed over from old to new style licences. Unless you mean something different? In which case I bow to your knowledge.

I passed my Class 1 test on 4th November 1986 and my first full licence was definitely a piece of paper pasted over the provisional piece of paper in the brown book. I think the renewal, three years later, may have been as well. I still have the licence, but not on the boat but I’ll check when I’m next back in Ramsgate.

steviespain:

ROG:

PeteMac:

Thanks guys

To renew HGV entitlement after letting medical lapse is simply a case of getting the medical and sending the forms off to DVLA.

This depends on :
or
or
a pass certificate.

Right, so, get the medical sorted, send forms off, see what DVLA gives you/your friend. Job done :slight_smile:

I’ll go with 1986 :smiley:

Harry Monk:

steviespain:

I passed my Class 1 test on 4th November 1986 and my first full licence was definitely a piece of paper pasted over the provisional piece of paper in the brown book. I think the renewal, three years later, may have been as well. I still have the licence, but not on the boat but I’ll check when I’m next back in Ramsgate.

If it ain’t broke…

:slight_smile:

ROG:

steviespain:

ROG:

PeteMac:

Thanks guys

This depends on :
or
or
a pass certificate.

I’ll go with 1986 :smiley:

:slight_smile: