Bye Bye Lynx Express

According to today’s Daily Mail UPS have agreed to buy Lynx Express for £55 million. Currently Lynx are majority owned by private equity firm Bridgepoint Capital.

Wonder what they’ll do with the fleet of ancient ERF’s that Lynx currently run?

UPS already have their UK hub here in Nuneaton, right next door to one of Lynx’s 2 hubs (the other one is over the road) so I would imagine some rationalisation (and job losses?) will be in order.

Pat Hasler will no doubt remember one of Lynx’s hubs when it was owned by Lex (later Fedex) - how things come around .

I was behind a Lynx truck today thinking that the livery hasn’t changed for several years - it will be changing now though!!

Calv

Calv:
According to today’s Daily Mail UPS have agreed to buy Lynx Express for £55 million. Currently Lynx are majority owned by private equity firm Bridgepoint Capital.

UPS already have their UK hub here in Nuneaton, right next door to one of Lynx’s 2 hubs (the other one is over the road) so I would imagine some rationalisation (and job losses?) will be in order.

Pat Hasler will no doubt remember one of Lynx’s hubs when it was owned by Lex (later Fedex) - how things come around .

I was behind a Lynx truck today thinking that the livery hasn’t changed for several years - it will be changing now though!!

Calv

It will be a similar deal to when DHL bought Securicor, there were many depots in the same towns and even on the same industrial areas, Some job losses are inevitable when this happens I suppose.

Lynx seem to have gone through many changes over the years from the old Roadline and British Rail Parcels with the Scammell Scarabs and Noddy vans

Calv:

Calv

Of all the firms, they certainly seem to get their moneys worth out of their vehicles!

On a side note; I dont seem to see UPS vans about these days, the seem to be running an odds n sods fleet of white vans. They all seem to have their trademark GPS aerial so i dont think they’re rented. Possible Livery change in order on UPS? Similar to how Omega were running about with plain Yellow vans for months?

I’ll buy an ERF off them, but only if it has a twinsplit.

I got a fiver to hand! Cash!!! :laughing:

Aren’t there a lot of owner drivers working for Lynx on the delivery side?

If so,what will happen to them?

Ken.

Wheel Nut:

Calv:

Calv

It will be a similar deal to when DHL bought Securicor, there were many depots in the same towns and even on the same industrial areas, Some job losses are inevitable when this happens I suppose.

Lynx seem to have gone through many changes over the years from the old Roadline and British Rail Parcels with the Scammell Scarabs and Noddy vans

Very true … just be thankful the uniform wont be yellow

paul@midway:
just be thankful the uniform wont be yellow

:smiley: Doesn’t anyone like looking like Winne the Pooh then ■■ :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DAFMAD:

paul@midway:
just be thankful the uniform wont be yellow

:smiley: Doesn’t anyone like looking like Winne the Pooh then ■■ :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes but the old Roadline uniform was nearly lime green and you had to drive a :stuck_out_tongue: long nosed noddy van

paul@midway:

Wheel Nut:

Calv:

Calv

Is that your only problem with DHL,coz the uniform was yellow.Well it’s changing this month.

2 hubs in nuneaton i thought the ex wilkonson bros was the hub and the other one just a depot doing the local stuff

What are DHL buying you now KK?

Give us a twirl :stuck_out_tongue:

It will probably be Polka Dot :smiley:

:smiley: Will it be Rupert the bear or Roger Rabbit or maybe Pink Panther. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Calv:

Calv

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh Fond memories :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Calling in each night on return from Exeter to Crick to sit in the canteen chatting for an hour to get the overtime :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:

paul@midway:

Wheel Nut:

Calv:

Calv

Is that your only problem with DHL,coz the uniform was yellow.Well it’s changing this month.

That and the fact that most of the managers are tossers the work force morale is very low and the wages were crap and the conditions of the job were a pile of ■■■ to …
And in the summer that yellow uniform attracts stingers :laughing:

I would drive each Truck with Eaton Twinsplit and the right Pay,as i will say

What a shame I have always enjoyed running for the Lynx depot in Nuneaton it has something to do with the poor lighting, tight bays, no air suspension and dragging the legs along the floor so you can wind them up because the trailers are packed in so tight. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: They are a good crowd.

worked for lynx afew years ago
pity they havnt gone bust
wouldve cheered me up no end

mezzzz1211:

■■■■■■■■■…sorry if i dont agree with you there, but are you gonna pay my mortgage for me ?

never mind bye bye linx express more like good ridance lynx express with their crap trailers and crap trucks.

i went to lynx in pudsey leeds one night to do a trunk run to nuneaton well i got their they tried to give me a p reg actros the radio didnt work :imp: the heater didnt work :smiling_imp: there was wires hanging out all over the cab :smiling_imp: and there was permenant warnings going off :imp: so i goes back in the office says im not taking that lorry anywhere so he tells me to see the shunter and get his lorry then…

the shunter had a 53 reg man :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

joeyd:

mezzzz1211:

[zb]…sorry if i dont agree with you there, but are you gonna pay my mortgage for me ?

after what they did to us at christmas eight years ago the (zbs) can go swing for me
they promised us a bonus if we worked hard enough and then told us theyd spent too much money on new trucks and trailers :open_mouth: :open_mouth: too afford it
with that and the pittance theypaid for nights 180 aweek take home (not the 300 or so they advertised) my little girls first xmas was ■■■■■ cos we didnt have a bean
so yes lynx are ■■■■■ and i hope whoever buys it makes vast improvments