By heck it's a bit windy

Traveling across the A66 near the stainmore cafe I saw a widdosons artic half in a ditch the driver was waiting for recovery, I hope his underwear wasn’t to brown! Shortly after I saw another getting the roof ripped off!
Be careful out there

working tonight out of leeds for stobbies looks windy has ■■■■ outside lol :open_mouth:

Mr B:
A66 near the stainmore cafe I saw a widdosons artic half in a ditch the driver was waiting for recovery

Driver is ok and was last reported as waiting in the cafe :smiley:
(I have a ‘contact’ at Widdowsons)

went to pallex last night (j22 M1) and heard 1 of there trucks went over last night

sat outside bournmouth int cent since 11pm last night, sideways on to the sea, twas a wee bit windy here too, in the 90mph range :frowning:

is there any tips for driving in high winds?

Yep , stay indoors ha ha

happyhebridean436:

i’m assuming you get little or no warning when you truck flips over :question: :question:

if it starts to go is best to just let it go or try and steer out of it :question: :question:

happyhebridean436:

Look well ahead and see what is happening to the other vehicles :bulb:

slow down a bit.

gettuing blown about on the motorway at 56 takes you across most of lane 2 (if you were in lane 1) but at 40 it wont blow you as far cos you will correct it quicker, and always keep an eye on who is overtaking you just in case it blows you and there is nowhere to go!

also when overtaking another wagon prepare for the wind to catch you when you are about 2 thirds past it!

Lee G:
slow down a bit.

gettuing blown about on the motorway at 56 takes you across most of lane 2 (if you were in lane 1) but at 40 it wont blow you as far cos you will correct it quicker, and always keep an eye on who is overtaking you just in case it blows you and there is nowhere to go!

also when overtaking another wagon prepare for the wind to catch you when you are about 2 thirds past it!

if its a curtain sider your steaming past and its a bit windy as you pass them they suddenly get a boost in power when you act as a wind brake and they forget (i’m hoping :wink: ) to knock off speed to let the other guy past so you both end up performing a rolling road block for a few seconds :exclamation:

happyhebridean436:

Put your snow curtains on, rthey work just as well in the wind

happyhebridean436:

Hold on tight :smiley: i hold on so tight i get blisters on my hands :blush:

Ive spent all day getting flung about like a rag-doll, who needs alton towers :laughing:

Bad up the a19 this morning up past Exelby

it was horrendous last night on M1 lashing it down and strong winds. Got to a point at around j12 you couldn’t see anything, not even the glow of the central reservation lights [yes they were on :wink:] Just glad they’ve seemed to put the roadworks on hold round by Bedford otherwise there could have been horrendous consequences

Ran up to Trafford Park from Bridgwater, fine going up as I had a full load of milk. Normally come back full of empty trolleys but last night… ‘take that one over there drive, its empty’ :open_mouth:
The rain coming back was horizontal and it certainly focussed my mind for four and half hours :slight_smile:
Luckily I’m off tonight

On my way from Leeds to Manchestershire today, it was more windy at J28 Tingley that going past the Little House on the prairie.

Nearly had a brown trouser moment at J28 with my empty fridge on.

Ken.

our tanks tip up, and can take 2 or 3 hrs to tip, no stabiliser legs so even with the air dumped they get a bit of rock and roll on, brown trouser moments for sure :laughing: :laughing:

It’s howling a gale through ■■■■■■■■ please take it easy travelling through the county, I wouldn’t like to meet you lovely boys and girls in a professional manner. :wink:

Cruise Control:

happyhebridean436:

i’m assuming you get little or no warning when you truck flips over :question: :question:

Its true a freak gust can turn you over and its also true that you can go over whilst stationary. Its also true that when it is plainly windy, rocking,blowing a gale or whatever you wanna call it that slowing down will reduce your chances of going over.

Cruise Control:
if it starts to go is best to just let it go or try and steer out of it :question: :question:

Not sure about that. A 7.5 tonner went over on the M6 last Friday, he was maintaining his steady 60 plus even though the rest of us where buffeted about and he went in slow motion right in front of us. Not sure if he did try to steer out of it, i never stopped to ask him. But i do know he didn’t let it go, he was wrestling with it !!!